G'day just saying hello and a bit of brain picking at the same time

4x4 Truck

Ok so Im in the process of buying a new 4x4 truck its going to be between the Isuzu NPS 300 4x4 Crew and the Fuso 4x4 equivalent . IL be fitting ATW parabolic springs , 19.5 single wheels conversions ,front and rear which , bull bar ,diff locks and some other odds and bobs .

I just cant find any fuel consumption fugues for the two trucks I'm pretty sold on the Isuzu but if the fuel consumption is a factor it'll be the Fuso ,both good trucks in my opinion
Is there any information out there ?

Amesz00

Adventurer
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. I’d say fuel consumption would probably be similar, but bear in mind the fuso is a 3L, which doesn’t leave you with a lot of room for improving the torque output before you’re working it pretty hard. Sure, ppl might be getting really good power/torque figures from 3L hiluxes etc, but they’re not running at near 100% duty cycle to move 5+ tonne all the time.
You might also consider the new hino that’s just coming out, has a lot of good stuff that both Isuzu and fuso simply couldn’t be bothered doing over the last 20 years..
Just my 2c worth..

4x4 Truck

Hi mate and welcome to the forum. I’d say fuel consumption would probably be similar, but bear in mind the fuso is a 3L, which doesn’t leave you with a lot of room for improving the torque output before you’re working it pretty hard. Sure, ppl might be getting really good power/torque figures from 3L hiluxes etc, but they’re not running at near 100% duty cycle to move 5+ tonne all the time.
You might also consider the new hino that’s just coming out, has a lot of good stuff that both Isuzu and fuso simply couldn’t be bothered doing over the last 20 years..
Just my 2c worth..

Thanks for the info , i have looked into the Hino but ATW are 12 months away from any sort of suspension and single wheel conversions .Plus they have been converting the Isuzu for a while now well tested in the field . I do agree the 5.2 Ltr is going to be a a better package in the long run i was just interested to see if there was a huge difference in the consumption.
in not expecting Ute figures though Ive been told 15 L/100 and over 15 is a little hard to believe .

Cuddy

Observer
Hi 4 x 4 truck,
I have a 2013 crew cab nps that I bought from perth and drove home- Sydney. The truck was pretty much standard, 2 tool boxes and racks over the tray. I used around 20-25 litres per 100 km. I found the truck would sit comfortably on a bit over 90km/hr and was much better on fuel. If I pushed it up over 100 i seeemed to have to have my foot into a lot more. My brother is a truck mechanic and doesn't have a lot to say about the newer engines in the fuso, as amesz00 mentioned they are only a 3.0 L engine...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles