Genesis Dual Battery System: Install Photos

MattJ

Adventurer
y4mPrm1CQrJEsQJqbvqhXOEHl4ghP0ShWpdAEW8g7IRkl4tbfuTvrWdqZbOE8GUIUySUTUxqkwGde504P5pIjPEKiusRK9uZqjBWE_vzk9kGg6gJanUEiDjR2j5XCy2zSw_zhk5tX3wncwTd4Ug8XsTldlUDTyQkirTHH16nbFTcHIGb9hPjzpcXXjgMG7NkdFeClCa0AcXiZVAgshxFeQx7g

MattJ

Adventurer
I installed one in my JK and it's awesome. What are the two breakers for?

I've gotta say, I can't get over how impressive the Genesis system is. I'm installing the G Screen monitor into my A pillar next week. I've added a LOT to my Jeep, and I think this might be the best addition of them all. The two breakers are for 1) a 12v extension cable that runs to my rear cargo area for a portable air compressor, and an ARB fridge someday, and 2) a separate amplifier that powers two large external speakers on 20-foot cables that I use for bonfire parties in the woods. And that's why I need dual batteries!

y4mV3eQTUx7cXQD-LSb8rlKsjPbUwPK5bbN2Wvi4D5c5hsa8qIqNO-rr9HWMDZXcqx28nTkjUEFmCGhp22KUenaufMphUTJAgysvt5EI-mKbunthKLdkpP3x99atecHCljOy9UgtSm24q9QQIJvx5DqrACfX1lLCUuW9Kxqc7avfj1Q4C26frRUkn0KHQTKMJ4URUXvX1J2LhWPWcTbLCMnNw

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Awesome!!! I use mine for winching as volunteer responder. Love the color btw. :)

Full_Size_Render_5.jpg

Last edited:

homeguy

Observer
I’ve got the Genesis Dual Battery too. Best investment I’ve made to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MattJ

Adventurer
I connected a Dometic portable battery (512 watt hours) in line with the Genesis auxiliary battery (Optima YellowTop) and then connected it to my fridge. I was careful to make sure the power cable is secured so that it can't get pinched in the fridge slide (have heard some stories about that). With this configuration, I am assuming the Dometic battery will suck power from the YellowTop until the Genesis solenoid cuts it off due to low voltage remaining in the YellowTop. Then the Dometic will power the fridge (up to a full week) until it is depleted, too. Then when I start the Jeep using the Optima cranking battery, the Genesis solenoid will begin recharging the YellowTop and the whole cycle begins again. Make sense? Anything I'm missing?

y4mQoDi58xMCOQD6U8P3MkJAKHfhjsyN3TIkwpkWj2wIfQtol3JunUe0ymQWGF5hJvknfv87qrXAEFgUaVsO_6qwUP9aKbvOdqS7UVv_zmIekm0HMzhqDr-IC_6dSGo9YTiQk1R1l7tFMdiAdszE2SXTlVjiWNZAnvgPaF4j5VO2_0mzhfM0yHh8a7UetWHBrESM-ulkbg1MiYtYlH6UAPMYQ

y4mulQ9SuyxhV4C9P8zY0tAzXN6eNsC4wTM_lzdMGpkP3AxRTDKanOFISDJM387B7kjdfCXkRlzEartGI4cSO76aWv5wYfywILXBlIV8PKB_7M-qyDrNyOYtCS5C7QIZHsznnK-btHojpPYE82MwwXdIoSIW5naBqkdH_m1BdILWsWPWB1pHkxdoMIb9h8IqJM6D727NA5d9rRDCNPQn5UCIg

y4mMcMvXPHCUSNXTDBTP4TdMjPQpP3sCsCDZICRXMpCtbWbxIuiNJ6XyFVrJy3PIBJh-tGY6XhhIVippx71uKyiYzLZVtFY-TqaaAxrKXNzkeKCGuHSqQUSr6h9MIoS-rxMUvl71ce6LlDO-tS3PClDbkhf0ZraDsAmI1pvk5gTQ8EC_VlfFZbDD_KTYchwssqlfdZrPVbMQ1WXdLts0JrtTw

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Does the Genesis hold two group 34s? I'm starting to get interested in LIfePo4...and I'm wondering how many Ah a guy can get in a group 34 LifePo4 battery?

rustypayne

I use a Ctek D250SA DC-DC charger and can use any combination of batteries I want, plus its got an MPPT solar controller built in. I've been using it since last July with a Group 27 battery in back to run the fridge and a small inverter.

MattJ

Adventurer

Hey everyone - I've been thinking more about this. Maybe my configuration works after all. This article says I am not allowed to connect different types of batteries in parallel. But my configuration connects the Optima YellowTop to the charging port of the Dometic lithium battery (input only). So the Dometic battery drains the YellowTop, rather than the two batteries sharing current back and forth. Does that make a difference? The YellowTop only recharges when I start the engine and the Genesis solenoid uses the alternator to recharge it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles