Has anyone used this Kit on there 100 for the timing belt swap

Deshet

Adventurer
I have noticed that some companies are starting to make knock-off parts.
I have ordered a few Toyota Genuine Parts of eBay that were fakes.http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mass-Air-Flow-Sensor-Meter-MAF-07-12-Toyota-Lexus-Scion-ViBE-22204-31020-USA-/162143914432?hash=item25c087c9c0:g:~j4AAOSw3YNXZZH0 This guy cheated me last year with fake parts he has changed his adds up some but he sells fake Toyota labeled parts

This kit seems to be so cheap that it may be a knock off.
I am wondering if anyone here has used this kit and can speak for the quality.
The parts in this kit would probably be a deal at $400.00 if they were all made by the companies shown on the labels
At $165 the price seems extremely low.
I know it seems odd but anyone that has spent time in Asia knows that nearly everything is faked.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008EEYWKI/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Let me know what you think

Thanks

RND1

Observer
Think a bunch of guys on MUD have bought that kit myself included. Installed it 50K miles ago and zero issues.

Deshet

Adventurer
I appreciate it. It seems too good to be true. I still believe that they are knock-off parts but they probably work fine based on the reviews at Ihatemud and the reviews on Amazon. I wish that there was a way to tell if they were OEM parts.

BEG

Adventurer
The Aisin kit is legit. I used the same one 15k ago and no issues. Parts looked and fit like OEM. No indications (at least to my untrained eye) that the parts were fake. Keep in mind, none of these are marked or marketed, for that matter, as genuine Toyota parts. They're made by manufacturers that either make or supply Toyota with OEM parts, or are known makers of quality parts. Mine came with an Aisin water pump, Koyo bearings, a Mitsuboshi belt and NTN tensioner. Gaskets and o-rings were of good quality. I supplemented the rest with Toyota parts from my local dealer and the quality matched.

Last edited:

Deshet

Adventurer
Did you change out more than what was in this kit when you had your timing belt done? This seems to be a pretty comprehensive kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles