For Sale - 1983 Ford 4x4 Van - Orange County CA

Billaquiles

I am selling my 1983 4x4 Ford Van with Dana 60 rear and HD-44 front axle, C-6 transmission (rebuilt 1,000 miles ago) with Derale remote mount trans cooler, NP205 transfer case (also rebuilt at same time as transmission). The engine is a 351 with new Holly carb installed a couple hundred miles ago. The engine runs strong with plenty of power to get up big hills and doesn't have any over heating issues. New 17" wheels and 35" BFG KO2's installed less than 3,000 miles ago with matching spare wheel and tire plus an extra tire for 2nd spare. New Bilstein shocks on all four corners to soak up the bumps.

Within the last year I have upgraded the following items; new front drive shaft, steering stabilizer, spark plug wires, spark plugs, power steering pump, power steering gear box, alternator, radiator, thermostat, starter, fuel pump, and windshield. Plus built out the interior to be the ultimate adventure mobile.

The interior is ready to camp. I completely gutted the interior when I bought it, fully insulated all walls and ceiling with reflectex, 1" foam, spray foam, and poly insulation so it stays warm in winter and cool in the summer heat. I installed a vent with fan in rear above the bed which allows fresh air to circulate. The ceiling is cedar planks and floor is laminate laid up on insulation and plywood. The interior features a dual bench set up with table that folds down into a kind size bed with plenty of room to get comfortable. This design is very versatile allowing for tons of storage under each bench as well. The van is equipped with a auxiliary battery to power all interior lights, dual USB outlets, and 12v cigarette socket. The aux battery is equipped with a isolator so it allows the alternator to charge the battery but won't allow the accessories to drain the starting battery. The isolator also has a feature to use the house battery to jumpstart yourself if the main battery is dead. Captains chairs have rotating bases but need to be modified as the drivers seat hits the Transfer case shifter.

Large roof rack and cargo box with plenty of space to strap down surfboards or more gear. ARB awning will be included if the price is right.

I have a lot of money into this thing but I am trying to go in a different direction - 4x4 truck with pop up camper!

I am having issues posting pictures to this forum but you can find it on the Orange County Craigslist search ford 4x4 van or email me at william.stepp32 ATgmail.com (change the format for gmail address as it won't allow me to post actual link)

Feel free to email me with any questions or additional photos. I am located in Huntington Beach CA and will be around all week to show the van if you're interested.

I've lowered the price and am asking $15,500

Last edited:

Billaquiles

Here are some pictures of the Van

Van 2.jpgVan 3.jpgVan 4.jpgVan 5.jpgVan 6.jpgVan Bed.jpgVan Interior.jpg

Billaquiles

Price dropped to $14,500 and will consider reasonable offers.

PM me if you're interested and have any questions regarding the van.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shevy5000