2013 Ram CCLB Diesel- My new to me build

Yamadog77

Hey Guys- first post here, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Chris, I have been lurking around the forum for a bit and fueling so many more ideas for what I want to do next. Here is an outline of what I've done the last few months.

I bought my current rig earlier this year around march, with the intention of being my daily driver and weekend adventure mobile. I do some occasional towing, boat and small RV trailer. But I want to be able to throw some gear in the back and head out to the mountains to explore/camp.

Without going into too much detail, I'll share what I've done so far:

Here's how it looked when I bought it- had the leveling kit, wheels and tires on it already.
IMG_0627.jpg

Being the SLT model, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but a couple things needed immediate attention.

I started with interior mods: seat covers, stereo headset and I had to have a little bass under the backseat!
IMG_0509.jpgIMG_0513.jpgIMG_0511.jpg

Last edited:

Yamadog77

I was pretty much satisfied with the interior for the time being, so I started on some small lighting projects:

Rigid 20" SR in the bumper
IMG_0688.jpg

Rigid Flushmount diffuse for backup lights
IMG_0692.jpg

Rocker switch setup
IMG_7922.jpg

Eventually I'll be looking at new front and rear bumpers, this will do for now.

Yamadog77

The truck already had the suspension, and I'm happy with it (for now) but I wanted to be able to control the steering dampening

IMG_0290.jpg

I ended up getting the Fox Adjustable Through Shaft with the ability to fine tune it. night and day over the factory gas strut
IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_6235.jpg

I installed a S&B intake, as well as an EDGE Juice with adrenaline w/CTS2 monitor
IMG_0412.jpg IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_5785.jpg

IMG_7826.jpg

More to Come!

Yamadog77

Amp Research automatic steps were added

IMG_2058.jpg

I knew I wanted to put a topper on, so I also added a "BedRug" to make it more comfortable and "finished"

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

I decided on a Snug Top Rebel for the shell, and had the tracks installed at the factory, my only regret is not getting the "Windoors" for ease of access, not sure if I can swap those out at this point?

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

Next Up? The interior of the topper

Yamadog77

I wired up 2 LED strip lights, and a switch panel I made from mostly parts off amazon

IMG_0783.jpg

This is my first attempt, a few USB charge ports, 12V port and voltage gauge

I wired up the rear facing rigid lights so I can turn on from the cab and this panel.

Also had room for expandability- more to come

IMG_0780.jpg

Yamadog77

Next I had to decide what kind of rack system I wanted. Now that I had a topper on the bed, I don't like the idea of having to remove it often, and wanted the flexibility of being able to haul something longer than the bed.

Ended up deciding on a Rhino Rack pioneer platform. I like the versatility (besides the price of all the accessories)

RLT600 Towers with the 72x54 platform-

IMG_0107.jpg

Rack2.jpg

IMG_5090.jpg

Yamadog77

I wanted more light! So I tucked another set of Rigid diffuse LED's below the platform so they won't get in the way

IMG_5995.jpg

IMG_8522.jpg

IMG_9084.jpg

Yamadog77

Now, I'll be honest-- I don't know why I "needed" another rack, but I'd seen a picture of a Tacoma with a Pioneer Platform on the cab and shell.. it also gave me a place to put a light bar

Assembly and mock-up taking place
IMG_1531.jpg

Rough Country 50" CREE Curved light bar, very happy with the quality and performance for the price.

IMG_6475.jpg

Camping in Yosemite last month
IMG_1629.jpg

I ran the wiring down the A pillar next to the windshield, and into the engine compartment
IMG_1166.jpg

That's my progress thus far- I have had a blast tinkering on it, and more importantly getting outside

Future plans:

(not necessarily in this order)

-Rear bumper with swing tire carrier
-Rotopax (or similar?) for fuel/water storage
-Front bumper
-Some kind of platform or cargo management system I'm not sure yet
-On board air
-Some sort of house battery and charging system (using a goal zero yeti w/50W Renology panel currently)
-Front/Rear alum. diff covers

Thanks for looking, any suggestions would be appreciated!

-Chris

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Nice build so far, I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

x2! :beer:

I had a bed rug, and it stood up to all kinds of abuse, and still looked like new the day the truck was sold. Great choice.

Do you notice much wind noise with the front roof rack? I am thinking about a shorter version of that rack to sit behind the moon roof of my crew cab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier