2013 Ram CCLB Diesel- My new to me build

Yamadog77

x2! :beer:

I had a bed rug, and it stood up to all kinds of abuse, and still looked like new the day the truck was sold. Great choice.

Do you notice much wind noise with the front roof rack? I am thinking about a shorter version of that rack to sit behind the moon roof of my crew cab.

The bed rug is great so far, nice and sturdy with some extra HD Velcro. Easy to clean and a little extra padding is nice.

I do notice some wind noise at around 60+ MPH, it’s not enough to bother me. I’m not sure if it’s the rack as much as the lightbar, as I put them on at the same time

Yamadog77

Well, It's been a while since I added any updates. Within the last couple months I added a Rhino 8.2 awning, and Tepui RTT. So far I have used them both quite a bit and I am happy with the purchases. Here are a few pics!

Beach camping at San Onofre state park last week
fullsizeoutput_1c0a.jpegIMG_1107.JPG

IMG_0927.JPGIMG_0928.JPG

Mammoth Lakes

IMG_0946.JPG

Up near Mammoth, CA last month
IMG_0966.JPG

Tioga pass, near Yosemite
IMG_1008.JPG

Explorerinil

Observer
Nice truck! I have been going back and forth on the rtt, do you have any concerns with your fiberglass topper? I’m not sure on what brand to go with if I change my mind, how do you like yours?

Yamadog77

Nice truck! I have been going back and forth on the rtt, do you have any concerns with your fiberglass topper? I’m not sure on what brand to go with if I change my mind, how do you like yours?

Thanks! I was on the fence about getting the tent, I figured I would just sleep in the bed, I have a couple buddies with them that loved the tents, and decided to spring for it with the annual REI sale. I have to say it’s really nice not having to reload all my gear back and forth to sleep.

As far as the topper, I’m really happy with the Snugtop rebel, I don’t know what the “official”weight limit is, but it’s very sturdy with the rack and tent on there.

Explorerinil

Observer
Thanks! I was on the fence about getting the tent, I figured I would just sleep in the bed, I have a couple buddies with them that loved the tents, and decided to spring for it with the annual REI sale. I have to say it’s really nice not having to reload all my gear back and forth to sleep.

As far as the topper, I’m really happy with the Snugtop rebel, I don’t know what the “official”weight limit is, but it’s very sturdy with the rack and tent on there.
I sleep in the bed of my truck durning hunting season, now with my decked system I’m afraid I’ll wake up and hit my head on the topper.

Yamadog77

It was time for a couple more upgrades, I was noticing a little more slop in my steering than I'd like. Turned out both my drag link BJ's and one of the tie rod joints were completely shot. I ended up installing a complete set of Dynatrac upper and lower ball joints, Synergy steering box brace, and synergy complete steering setup, with a new track bar.

New Box O' Goodies
IMG_1640.jpg

Picture of the stock setup:IMG_1644.jpg

New Dynatrac BJ's:
IMG_1648.jpg

Completed steering upgrades:

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

Definitely happy with the upgrades, steering feels tight again, no slop or clunking, and most importantly, everything is adjustable and serviceable.

Explorerinil

Observer
Most likely, hopefully I’ll get a few more miles out of the stock hubs. Have you had good luck with the free spin setup?
Take in mind with larger tires and offset rims that push the wheel out they can go at anytime and when they do it can be a mess. I lost a hub on the interstate, it was a scary ride and ruined my brake rotor and pad.

I have had 2 sets of dynatrac hubs and love them! On this truck I plan on a spyntech kit with warn hubs... to save a buck for once unless I find a dynatrac group buy.

Yamadog77

Can you post some pics of your rack set up? What brand is that?

Awesome truck btw!

Thanks! I sure like it, plan on having it for a few years.

The racks are “Rhino pioneer platforms”, the one on the shell is a 76” x 54”, over the cab is 60” x 54”. I posted a few of the rack on page one, anything specific you’re looking for?

You still thinking about trying a RTT?

Explorerinil

Observer
That rack is awesome! Puts my yakama to shame. Yes I’m still on the fence of the RTT, I can’t make up my mind between one and a OZ tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online