JKUR with Teraflex Prerunner posing in a parking lot.

DesertJK

Adventurer
This is my 2008 JKUR. The Teraflex Prerunner Longarm kit that I installed is the best compromise for a lift that will give you the flex and clearance over obstacles, but also give comfort and control on fast rough roads. It also jumps very well, lands super soft. I am so glad I pulled the RK 2.5 max travel kit out and put this in.
It took me a while to do all the plasma cutting and welding to install this, but it was worth it.

22491733_10212315288711761_6975988329817473526_n.jpg

22549699_10212315287151722_1574031944549304712_n.jpg

22539678_10212315287471730_4633343559923314876_n.jpg

22528001_10212315287951742_672431041410626846_n.jpg

22491733_10212315288711761_6975988329817473526_n.jpg

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Man 131 views and no replies. Isn't it annoying how you can post something hoping for community involvement like that the pictures you post start as sort of an ice breaker? There is nothing worse than having all these views yet no one posts to discuss your build or use there of. It's extra annoying when someone posts a responses that has nothing to do with the original poster's implied conversation starter. I can't tell you how much I hate reading posts that just waste peoples time and by the end, another view was really all that happened. No "hey how's it going" or "nice rig" or anything else to contribute... Its just pitiful when by the end of the post you're basically left where you started with nothing else contributed.

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Hey nice Jeep! It may be a posing mall crawler but it's wheels aren't over 30" diameter so you're doing something right! lol

Bullseye240

Adventurer
Hey nice Jeep! It may be a posing mall crawler but it's wheels aren't over 30" diameter so you're doing something right! lol
[QUOTE = Man 131 views and no replies. Isn't it annoying how you can post something hoping for community involvement like that the pictures you post start as sort of an ice breaker? There is nothing worse than having all these views yet no one posts to discuss your build or use there of. It's extra annoying when someone posts a responses that has nothing to do with the original poster's implied conversation starter. I can't tell you how much I hate reading posts that just waste peoples time and by the end, another view was really all that happened. No "hey how's it going" or "nice rig" or anything else to contribute... Its just pitiful when by the end of the post you're basically left where you started with nothing else contributed.[/QUOTE]
I hate to interrupt the conversation you're having with your self but, Nice Jeep. Sounds like a lot of work but if it works for you then cool. Seriously though nice JK but you should have crawled up higher on the junker! ;)

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
I've seen some videos on that kit and the performance is pretty darned impressive. A 2 door jk with that kit will be my next rig.

DesertJK

Adventurer
Man 131 views and no replies. Isn't it annoying how you can post something hoping for community involvement like that the pictures you post start as sort of an ice breaker? There is nothing worse than having all these views yet no one posts to discuss your build or use there of. It's extra annoying when someone posts a responses that has nothing to do with the original poster's implied conversation starter. I can't tell you how much I hate reading posts that just waste peoples time and by the end, another view was really all that happened. No "hey how's it going" or "nice rig" or anything else to contribute... Its just pitiful when by the end of the post you're basically left where you started with nothing else contributed.

I think that is just how it goes in forums now a days. But thanks.

unkamonkey

Explorer
It doesn't mean I didn't read it. It just means that I didn't need a reason to offer up an idiotic reply. I read most of the threads here And unless I have something positive to say I stay away. Some posts I will offer advice on but normally I stay in my corner playing with my belly button.

DesertJK

Adventurer

Thanks. I assure you it is not a mall crawler. Of the 138K miles I have driven it, much of that has been traveling off the beaten path.
We don't even have malls where I live, well, there is sort of one in the big 40K person city of Wenatchee, but that's 45 miles away.

DesertJK

Adventurer
Nice one, I tought it was suppose to be mostly a bolt on kit.

Yep, all you do is bolt it in, after cutting off all the frame mounts for the control arms and welding new ones in a different location. But seriously, this suspension kit works as advertised.
This Jeep had a RK 2.5 max travel and Bilstien remote reservoir shocks for about 60K miles. That set up was okay, but the RK control arms had issues and eventually my control arm mounts had issues. I don't think Jeep stuff designed for rock crawling is the best solution for overland or any constant washboard use at speed.
By moving the control arm mounts towards the center of the Jeep and changing the angle between the body and the axle, the stress is taken away from the mount and the shock and spring can take more of the abuse, rather than sending those shock loads through the frame of the Jeep.

On a whooped out/ washboard road at 50 MPH this Jeep is now smooth and quiet. It also exhibits no bump steer and lands level and straight when the wheel leave the ground over rises.
With the sway bar unlocked, I can crawl over any obstacle I would consider crawling over in an overland type adventure.

Next project is finishing up interior stuff, and a control panel project I have some parts for that will have switches to operate the winch, lights, traction control override (as in all off regardless of what position the transfer case is in).

I have no rear seats, just space for stuff and dogs. I am building a flat floor with storage and a padded and contained dog area. I am keeping this Jeep as light as I can for day to day use. I prefer portable camping stuff since I have several options for travel and use this Jeep for a lot of work and local stuff where having a bunch of camping stuff permanently mounted would be a PITA and more wear and tear of my gear.

DesertJK

Adventurer
Nice Jeep. Sounds like a lot of work but if it works for you then cool. Seriously though nice JK but you should have crawled up higher on the junker! ;)

I was going to drive up further, I think I could have gotten onto the roof without tipping. But, these cars are for extrication training for volunteer fire. I didn't want to break the windshield since proper windshield removal is part of that training. I wouldn't want to deprive one of our new cadets the experience of getting to use his or her glass breaker and windshield knife.
Maybe after the jaws of life have been used on these cars, I'll push them together and drive over the remains. I'll ask the chief if its okay first :)

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
Sounds like you live kinda near me, I grew up in wenatchee and now live about 30 miles north of Spokane. I was in wenatchee this last weekend riding dirt bikes. I'd love to meet up some time and take a ride in your rig as I'm seriously interested in building something similar but in a 2 door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles