Sawtooth Unlimited - Off Road Pop Top Camper Trailer

indiedog

Adventurer
Really looking forward to seeing this come together, I know it's going to be awesome. :D

Last edited:

stomperxj

Explorer
triangular kitchen' = end, cross-section profile isn't rectangular (as drawn), but the top is wider than the bottom, fitting the contour/shape of the trailer around it.

I looked at doing a wider slide out like you are talking about but that meant getting custom storage doors made with a truncated corner. Those are worth about 3-4 times what a normal storage door is.

Really looking forward to seeing this come together, I know it's going to be awesome. :D

Thanks mate ;)

stomperxj

Explorer
sub'd.. I would need to add a RTT...... Possible?

Not with the fiberglass pop top. However if you did the pop top straight up instead of hinged you could add a bed up above the main bed probably depending on how big it needed to be and who would use it.
rlvQkpJ.png

ottsville

Observer
The old micro busses were hinged pop tops and had a bed - not sure if your pop up is long enough for that though.

ottsville

Observer
Where can popup kits in various sizes be purchased for DIYers?

You can find replacement canvas parts from vw resto places, but that would mean building one to that size. Any boat canvas shop should be able to make you something for the fabric stuff. Not sure where fiberglass parts/whole units can be purchased.

stomperxj

Explorer
The first 3 episodes are up on Youtube. EP2 has the start of the frame construction in it.

Here's some pics of the start of the frame:

ecG6Nrl.jpg

noyI0As.jpg

cKIZAlw.jpg

8ehxrnD.jpg

john61ct

Adventurer
Offroading into fed land and parks, both too wide and too high will create big problems.

With low narrow and ground clearance, and the right TV you can go anywhere

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke