Sawtooth Unlimited - Off Road Pop Top Camper Trailer

DanCooper

Adventurer
Oh no, Jess! Another one I have to build?

My wife really loves the Sawtooth XL. After I got it back to Alaska we were camping in it until late September. It is a hit wherever we drag it!

This new design looks pretty awesome. I'm very curious about composite construction so I will follow along on your build to see how you handle it.

Merry Christmas!

stomperxj

Explorer
Oh no, Jess! Another one I have to build?

My wife really loves the Sawtooth XL. After I got it back to Alaska we were camping in it until late September. It is a hit wherever we drag it!

This new design looks pretty awesome. I'm very curious about composite construction so I will follow along on your build to see how you handle it.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks Dan. So glad to hear you are having a good time in your beautiful build. I'm sure you get mobbed everywhere you go :)

Hopefully this new one isn't a huge expensive fail :)

Should be a fun one anyway

Merry Christmas!

ghcoe

Adventurer
Not with the fiberglass pop top. However if you did the pop top straight up instead of hinged you could add a bed up above the main bed probably depending on how big it needed to be and who would use it.
rlvQkpJ.png

This build has just that. Also, seems to be just a shorter version of what you are building and is pulled by a XJ too....
https://imgur.com/gallery/NuwPZ

stomperxj

Explorer
Finally an update guys. Took a bit of a break after the first of the year. Lots going on with work and other stuff. I'm back onto the build now though so hopefully some more regular updates.

All of the wall supports are done at this point. The latest vid shows the start of the wall supports going on and the templates I had my buddy Dirk cut for me on his shopbot CNC router table.
YscGVUN.jpg

2CycP2M.jpg

sQXNJwO.jpg

xOAtsQ8.jpg

JEiGmca.jpg

R6q0mRC.jpg

Got the step and the roadside storage area fabbed and tacked in this past weekend
d73dsdh.jpg

I2rXrW8.jpg

faVmFZA.jpg

sUVxzRE.jpg

XVReavG.jpg

Latest vid is here:

Jess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles