Is there no one building a Titan Diesel?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I can agreed with you on F250, but no lock rear diff. I was tried to avoid many mods, I will do lift 2 inch (this Nissan has air bags) and 34 inch tires, it will need to remove some plastic.
Not sure if that is what you meant by your comment, but you can get a rear diff lock in the Super Duty.

justbecause

perpetually lost
when they first started talking about a diesel titan I thought it was going to be a v6 cummins, and I thought it was supposed to do a little more work than a 1/2 ton for about the same price and get a whole lot better mileage than a 3/4 or 1 ton. Thats a point to be in, instead what we got is a truck that cost as much as a 3/4 or 1 ton, does a lot less work and gets almost the same MPG.

I have heard that nissan doesnt have exclusive rights to the 5.0, I think that motor would be beautiful in an f250 pushing their 10 speed.
I would still like to see a 6cyl version that could tease 30mpg and still have enough payload to carry a FWC and 4 people without blowing past GVWR. I'll never buy one, but jeep might have made the best truck available in the USA. Nissan needs to take notes on it.

jpat30

Adventurer
^^ I do remember that, would have been a fantastic package. IMHO, Nissan really missed out on a great opportunity by not producing it. I know I would have one in my driveway....

powerwagonp

I built one. It was meh. Under powered, lots of issues, limited aftermarket support compared to other trucks. Nissan bough it back and now I have a 2020 ram power wagon on order. 23E2D608-BDD9-47D6-8C27-842C5DAA21B0.jpeg07585D0A-5617-427A-8F0B-C79F2DBEC528.jpeg

plumber mike

Adventurer
I traded off my Cummins Ram for the Nissan. The few extra inches of bed length means my tailgate will close with the dirt bike in the back. The tow and payload ratings exceed what I’ll be doing and the fit and finish is miles ahead of the Ram. As is the ride quality. It’s a lot of truck for less money than the big 3.
89CFC63D-41D6-4CD4-A757-07DFBE51DF18.jpeg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I'd just get their gasser. I like the Nissans now. Their interiors were trash not that long ago. I sat in them at the auto show.
The 5.0 wouldn't have enough power for an F-250.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier