How often do you change oil

Joe917

Explorer
Mercedes OM366 every 10000 km. Would be interesting to see how much life is left in the oil. Almost all our oil changes are on the road.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Mercedes OM366 every 10000 km. Would be interesting to see how much life is left in the oil. Almost all our oil changes are on the road.

Yeah I don't see a lot of value putting fancy oil into my vintage of Fuso - there is nothing really that complex in there (like a heat exchanger, etc) that would really benefit from synthetics. IMHO far better to just change it regularly than put in expensive stuff and try to make it last longer. 5 gallons of Rotella + a filter and it's done.

Stryder106

Explorer
5 quarts of Valvoline Max Life, 1 quart of Lucas, 1 K&N oil filter every 3,000-3,200 miles, or before and after a big trip. 184,000 miles later, my Chevy 5.3L bottom end still shines like new. Trans-fluid every 10,000. Differential and transfer case fluids every 20,000 or at least once per year. I typically only go ~8,000 miles per year.

unkamonkey

Explorer
I'm not a fan of Rotella. I put it in 2 different vehicles and both burned off a significant amount of it. Both engines are still under 100,000 miles. I went back to what I could get from my local farm and ranch store. No problems since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz