parts list for manual hub install?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I am planning to install a set of Aisin hubs before winter and was wondering what all I need to install new bearings when I have it all apart? Do I need more than the inner and outer races/bearings and new grease?

jlocster

Explorer
Don't forget these if you change the bearings:
MITSUBISHI MB526395 Inner Grease Seal, Front Wheel Hub (1 per wheel)

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Is there a specific grease that is better than the other, or can I just use any high temp bearing grease? I have packed my share of trailer hubs so I am familiar with the process, just want to get the right stuff for Monty.

jlocster

Explorer
I would say any high temp grease is sufficient. Valvoline makes a synthetic black grease ("Synpower") I like to use, but it costs a little more.

You'll also need the socket spanner tool as mentioned in the parts sticky for setting the bearing pre-load.

Last edited:

PacS14

Adventurer
Unless you need to or want to do the bearings for whatever reason (peace of mind?), all you have to do is remove the automatic hub, that looks like a plate, remove the retaining ring from the axle, take apart the top cover of the manual hubs, install the bottom part, put the retaining ring on the shaft, add grease of your choosing, align the top cover of the manual hub with the gasket or use gasket maker, bolt it together and tighten up to the specific torque and boom....that was loosely what you need to do for manual hubs, follow the instructions for more accurate details. In other words unless you need/want new bearings, there's no need to replace them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke