Basil Lynch's 2000 F250 Expedition camper build

patoz

Expedition Leader
If you are wanting a removable set of steps, the Little Giant Safety Step is a pretty good set to have. It comes in a 2, 3, or 4 step version and the safety rail can be folded down to make a set of stairs out of them. Plus, they can be used as a general purpose ladder to reach things high up on the sides of the camper like the awning.

View attachment 426423

Just FYI, I did order the three step model, and they are very good quality. They are well built, with no bounce or side to side movement at all...solid as a rock and rated for 300 lbs!

Basil.

Wow, nice rig! This is what I have been looking to build, a little bigger tho. I Have 2001 7.3 F-350 4x4 CC LB Dually I wish to replace box with flatbed and build up!

You stated presvious owner built out of steel and wood, pressure that was used for framing? What about insulation and roof structure; any idea on how that was built?

Thanks! Yes, framing was done with steel, then wood ribs on the walls and roof. All 4 sides are insulated pretty well. Ill ask the previous owner about getting some photos of the build.

Just FYI, I did order the three step model, and they are very good quality. They are well built, with no bounce or side to side movement at all...solid as a rock and rated for 300 lbs!

I like mine a lot! I just wish I ordered the 4 step and not 3 step.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I was just on Facebook recently and saw some pics of your rig. I pop on to ExPo and there you are again!

Everywhere I go there you are!

Nice truck, I dig the camper.

McBride

Adventurer
That's a perfect camper. Not too big or heavy. Minimalist, open interior. Lots of light. Basic accoutrements. I'm with you on some bigger, opening windows, at least over the sink like you mentioned - get a nice cross breeze.

It'll be interesting to see how you tweak it but I'm sure its super nice to have such a pleasant space as it is.

Thanks for sharing the nice pics.

William

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
What do you think of the Bilstein 5160’s? Do you have much side to side sway when moving around in the camper?

I’m thinking I made need to replace the Donahoe mono tube shocks I’m running now.

tkrrox

I switched to 17” wheels and 35” tires and was amazed how much more stabile the truck became. Towing my 28’ toyhauler became enjoyable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kach

Sweet rig - I've been studying your setup thinking of doing something similar.

Is the camper built up directly from the truck frame rails? Any issues with twisting or flex?

Also was it built on SB or LB wheelbase?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste