Basil Lynch's 2000 F250 Expedition camper build

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
Installed some tow mirrors I picked up off of amazon, the stock ones were useless.

Can you tell us which Amazon mirrors you chose?

Are they the powered ones and if so how did the install go? Were you able to get them wired to the existing plug?

I so want to upgrade to the new style mirrors and the OEM parts are stupid expensive. Let us know what you think of these as far as quality and installation!!

Love the way the project is coming along so far. Nicely done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basil.

I use "truck camper" steps, they work well, but you need to find a place to store them. Mine are good for 31-39" above the ground, and they make a taller one with another step also.

37843134701_1a7c16a082_b.jpg

These are the ones I have https://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Camper-Steps/Brophy/AS24.html

Sweet thanks! I'm going to order a set of those

Can you tell us which Amazon mirrors you chose?

Are they the powered ones and if so how did the install go? Were you able to get them wired to the existing plug?

I so want to upgrade to the new style mirrors and the OEM parts are stupid expensive. Let us know what you think of these as far as quality and installation!!

Love the way the project is coming along so far. Nicely done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up these, https://www.amazon.com/DEDC-Mirrors...1302&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=f250+mirrors&psc=1

They are powered and just plugged right in, they also have the amber side lights and heaters, but I haven't wired those in yet.

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
Sweet thanks! I'm going to order a set of those

I picked up these, https://www.amazon.com/DEDC-Mirrors...1302&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=f250+mirrors&psc=1

They are powered and just plugged right in, they also have the amber side lights and heaters, but I haven't wired those in yet.

Thanks Basil. The link points to non-powered, manual mirrors. I think you said the ones you have are powered?? My rig is a 2002 with powered mirrors, like yours I'd think. It's always tough finding good reliable aftermarket options so having folks like you willing to share your experiences helps the rest of us. Thanks again.

Basil.

Thanks Basil. The link points to non-powered, manual mirrors. I think you said the ones you have are powered?? My rig is a 2002 with powered mirrors, like yours I'd think. It's always tough finding good reliable aftermarket options so having folks like you willing to share your experiences helps the rest of us. Thanks again.

I have these at home, for install on my 2005 F450. Just waiting for a weather break. These are the powered version.
DEDC Ford Towing Mirrors F250 Ford Tow Mirrors F350 F450 Pair For 1999-2007 Side Mirror Power Heated With Signal Light (Upgrade to 08 Superduty Retrofit) 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VT02ZEE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Q7ydAbBKMD185

Those ^^^ are the correct ones, sorry!

patoz

Expedition Leader
More Photos!

Does anyone have good ideas on steps for the camper, now that it's lifted more it's tough to get in, especially after I install 35" Yokohamas friday.

If you are wanting a removable set of steps, the Little Giant Safety Step is a pretty good set to have. It comes in a 2, 3, or 4 step version and the safety rail can be folded down to make a set of stairs out of them. Plus, they can be used as a general purpose ladder to reach things high up on the sides of the camper like the awning.

31xPZrcsylL.jpg
Ozrockrat turned me on to these, and even though my camper now has a set of folding steps, I'm still going to get a set to use in rear or for general purpose.

Attachments

• 71x-VmDh5jL._SL1500_.jpg
    71x-VmDh5jL._SL1500_.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 37

Basil.

Amazing pics!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks!

If you are wanting a removable set of steps, the Little Giant Safety Step is a pretty good set to have. It comes in a 2, 3, or 4 step version and the safety rail can be folded down to make a set of stairs out of them. Plus, they can be used as a general purpose ladder to reach things high up on the sides of the camper like the awning.

View attachment 426423
Ozrockrat turned me on to these, and even though my camper now has a set of folding steps, I'm still going to get a set to use in rear or for general purpose.

I ordered a set of scissor steps for a truck camper! Should be here monday! If those don't work out ill take a look at those, Thanks!

Nice pics

Thanks!

Basil.

Well time for some much needed updates!

Heres whats been done to the truck recently:
- Propex HS2211
- Rigid Industries LED lights
- 315/75r16 Yokohama Geolandar G015 AT's
- Foldable stairs
- Maxxair Deluxe
- Acuva Water purification system
- Bilstein 5160 shocks
- Kenwood TM710
- Hood mounted solar

Got plenty of other goodies on the way! Ill try and be more consistent with updating this thread.

Photos:
171231_BasilLynch_JoshuaTree_0017 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr
171231_BasilLynch_JoshuaTree_0008 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr
171231_BasilLynch_JoshuaTree_0003 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr
180101_BasilLynch_Acuva_0002 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr
171231_BasilLynch_JoshuaTree_0001 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

Mastertrim

Wow, nice rig! This is what I have been looking to build, a little bigger tho. I Have 2001 7.3 F-350 4x4 CC LB Dually I wish to replace box with flatbed and build up!

You stated presvious owner built out of steel and wood, pressure that was used for framing? What about insulation and roof structure; any idea on how that was built?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste