2000 Chinook Baja 4x4 for sale

brodyaga

The overall length from the Warn winch front bumper to the rear bumper is roughly 22 ft. The overall width (less rear view mirrors) is 7 ft 7 inches to the best of my knowledge. The measures height from the ground is approximately 11 ft 6 inches. Dry weight is about 10,300 lbs.

I like the weBoost 4G-X booster. However, I'm on AT&T, who have more cell antennas than any other carrier. So i'm not the best one to ask. These guys, https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ are a much better, more objective resource for the answer.

brodyaga

Because the issue of who built the 4x4 conversions seems to come up from time to time, and the article cited above always comes up in the discussion, I thought it might be appropriate to post the following photos of the Manufacturer's plate attached to my Baja 4x4. I can't speak to what Trailwinds might have done after my Baja was built. But I can vouch for my Baja.

Salem Kroger 1.jpg

Salem Kroger 2.jpg

brodyaga

For what it's worth . . . the 2000 Alcan Winter Rally, final scores & awards are posted on the alcan5000.com website here http://alcan5000.com/00results.htm at line 22 where it incorrectly states that the 4x4 drive train is a Quigley. The Chinook Baja 4x4 took 2nd place in the Dalton category at speeds of up to 80 mph, in -50F weather.

jbsails

Did you Sell your Chinook?

Hello..just checkin in to see if you sold your Chinook. I also own a 2002 Chinook Baja from the factory, here in San Diego...

brodyaga

Hello..just checkin in to see if you sold your Chinook. I also own a 2002 Chinook Baja from the factory, here in San Diego...

No, I haven't sold it yet. I have been approached by a gentleman who seems to be interested, and we are in discussions at this time.

brodyaga

Well the weather is finally cooperating and I was able to take good photos of the powder coated front bumper, and the replacement KC driving and PIIA fog lights. And the back bumper with the replacement powder coated steps. The original back bumper was a somewhat flimsy chrome plated sheetmetal affair so I had it replaced with a piece of 8" steel channel. And the steps were chrome plated steel. But they had quarter and half dollar sized rust craters. So I had new, thicker steel steps made and then had them powder coated white so that they are more visible in low light.

Attachments

• Chinook front bumper & lights small.jpg
    Chinook front bumper & lights small.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Chinook new rear steps & bumper small.jpg
    Chinook new rear steps & bumper small.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 111

brodyaga

Got some time today to take photos.
Here's the view from the passenger door and the driver's door. As you can see there is some wear on the driver's seat where you slide in and out. Also the windshield rear view mirror has some kind of discoloration on the inside of the glass. You can't see out through the back of the camper with it anyway, and it interferes with the Garmin GPS. So I just leave it tipped up.

Attachments

• Chinook RH door small.jpg
    Chinook RH door small.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Chinook LH door small.jpg
    Chinook LH door small.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

brodyaga

Here's the view from the interior looking forward towards the cab, and towards the rear.
I use the TV mostly for my laptop's display. My old eyes need the highest resolution display. I would have preferred a 32" or even a 27". But nobody makes a 4K display smaller than 40". The TV is pedestal mounted so it will be easy to swap it out if I find a smaller one with the higher resolution.

The blank wooden panel above and to the left of the display is where the original 13" CRT television was installed. Repairing an old CRT television these days is like restoring a museum piece. So it wasn't worth the cost and I bought the Samsung LCD flat panel instead. Plus the Samsung is WIFI enabled.

The space between the seats where you would crawl through to the back is presently occupied by a 12 gallon plastic tote that I use for a console / table to hold odds and ends like kleenex and a water bottle, and this and that.

The black carpeting on the floors is just cheap Walmart door mats cut to fit. I use them to save wear and tear on the OEM green carpet and the hardwood floor in the entry and kitchen.

Attachments

• Chinook INT view FWD small.jpg
    Chinook INT view FWD small.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Chinook INT view RWD small.jpg
    Chinook INT view RWD small.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

brodyaga

Here's a shot of the bathroom and the kitchen sink.

Attachments

• Chinook bath.jpg
    Chinook bath.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Chinook dbl sink small.jpg
    Chinook dbl sink small.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 68

brodyaga

All of these photos will be embedded into a PDF file that has all the OEM "as sold" equipment manifest, and details on all the repairs and addons that I have had done to the camper since I bought it, plus a few more photos. Hopefully it will answer most of the questions folks want answered. The PDF will be hosted in a few days on the website of my Idaho friends linked on the first page of this post.

All the solar equipment was purchased from and installed by Safari RV of Shasta Lake City, CA

The brake system work and tires are through Les Schwab Tires. A company that has locations in almost all of the western states.

All steering, suspension and axle work was performed by Whitefeather 4x4 Conversions of Red Bluff, CA

I've got this rig restored now to about 99% of its original factory condition as it was when it was first sold.

Currently I and the Chinook are located in Northern California.

Last edited:

Hooter

This Rare and Exclusive 4x4 motorhome features everything you would find in a Class A motorhome, but in a more compact size that is only about 1 & 1/2 feet longer than a standard full size Ford, Dodge, or Chevrolet van. With a robust V10 gas engine & 4 speed auto trans with overdrive, it easily accelerates in traffic, parks in any store parking stall, takes hills and mountains passes like a car, but sleeps 4 comfortably. And with a 2 speed transfer case behind the Dana 60 front axle, it goes where ordinary motorhomes fear to tread! Logging roads to remote lakes, sure thing. Rocky riverbeds, no sweat. But just in case, it also features a 12,000 lb Warn front winch. With wireless remote.

giraffe-4_orig.jpg

chinook-baja_orig.png

P
This Rare and Exclusive 4x4 motorhome features everything you would find in a Class A motorhome, but in a more compact size that is only about 1 & 1/2 feet longer than a standard full size Ford, Dodge, or Chevrolet van. With a robust V10 gas engine & 4 speed auto trans with overdrive, it easily accelerates in traffic, parks in any store parking stall, takes hills and mountains passes like a car, but sleeps 4 comfortably. And with a 2 speed transfer case behind the Dana 60 front axle, it goes where ordinary motorhomes fear to tread! Logging roads to remote lakes, sure thing. Rocky riverbeds, no sweat. But just in case, it also features a 12,000 lb Warn front winch. With wireless remote.

giraffe-4_orig.jpg

chinook-baja_orig.png

Is this still for sale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke