FWC and dometic cool cat

Pax2525

Adventurer
hanging off the back meaning how FWC does the factory AC's?

We did a big trip in a front dinette hawk this summer to the south and was trying to jimmy rig an AC out the window. Made a way to do it but had to keep the window up and open (obviously) it then rained that night, no more like poured. Thus putting water in the window frame, the AC unit and everywhere basically. When pulling the AC unit back in to then head off again, water spilled everywhere. Big bummer!!!

I would recommend opting for a factory option installed AC. Hard to find used units with it but worth it for the Texas life.

eblau

Adventurer
I "installed" a portable 10,000 BTU AC unit over the summer in my grandby and just route the exhaust duct out of the tie down access hole when in use. I removed the triangular seat panel that connected the couch to the small floor cabinet and put the unit there. Works really well and relatively inexpensive.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
I "installed" a portable 10,000 BTU AC unit over the summer in my grandby and just route the exhaust duct out of the tie down access hole when in use. I removed the triangular seat panel that connected the couch to the small floor cabinet and put the unit there. Works really well and relatively inexpensive.
I've seen pictures of this type of setup, and that appeals to me. Gives you the option of taking A/C along if needed for an extended stay with power, or leaving it at home if on a backcountry road trip

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94