Firestone Tires....Any Good ?

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Which tire? What size? What usage? I've run the Destination AT on my old Toyota Tacoma in LT245/75R16. They were great on the highway. For most uses I think there are better choices out there for the money.

old .45

Observer
firestone tires

I run Firestone Destination AT's on my 2015 F 150. I like them for my use mostly on road and some fire roads and two tracks Very stable in the rain at highway speeds/interstate. My .02 :sombrero:

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I had the Firestone Transforce AT's on my old F250. Other than being solid as rock for towing, they weren't special at all.

Didn't need to put much air in them ever, since they were filled with concrete.

Airmapper

Inactive Member
Had some on my Escape many moons ago.

Didn't have any complaints, but me and the Escape parted ways before they were worn out, and that vehicle couldn't exactly push the envelope of any off road capabilities...

I've considered the brand for my current vehicle choices, but never felt there were the reviews, reputation, or tread designs to fit my needs when you factor in cost and quality, they have not come out on top for me when making tire decisions lately. I can't say if they are good or not, but they just haven't met my criteria the last several tire purchases. Right now I run Goodyear's on my Xterra and Cooper's on my 4runner.

I thought these Destination AT's looked nice on my Escape. But then again, I also thought that brush guard was a good idea at the time.....

A_Py4ZY8BW-HubHWPAfWN0zed1sFB9rpWZHdoYHvRCPU4FMdRFJFv2d8PUS1tf-N4gWAa8hknQvWDz798pyRiEr4e6rovn8tHqI3sRipIiVdNNN4kXyK897o7RjoY8PNUhO0RiOZasNscifpamdhl5zx2Xu64MSpK51q_vgmXqnaoJrnN_t4zjW5cNmt8R7z0CfVImVFtcu0uqpCq404DNV0y2VGtseym1dJcsdGzvEtyQx9nMHUg_owCoHFsJtqj88rR-y1dXV-iSt_R1wbzTq5BaCjnxUqfztdPShEBQPAWFXEwrLfuAFIauvVMRLmjS2_9TUymiuzndsK0uCny074H-8q2ntFXCyv7DkI4n2begMmqHzarCHp7SjjnI8WZKvu5_1-jZus3LKm3_7CRepMYdzkUFdaoIhvpe0-NrdQkqA2NgPXZNdXvGtzOHUgfFFk8656E2YsQ-hbnW3uQcm-T0N6u5X_5bmm7Oz83Y83ivoc_K3fqzGi9o0OUAk8OTsUG2DxJiO_Gm3IYl3vQbjP-qqpfJrtnsW_VylFHOo9_9oeio9-F2wFgp6OMPPNdUZeofMG_l6iYXsdNNmqje6-mdkI7O4RsHGnYvY=w800-h600-no

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
Had some very bad experience with Firestone tires in the late 1970's 3 out of 4 of their premium tires (500's) blew out on the highway...
This was way before they killed more than a few people blowing out on Ford Explorers...
I won't even consider them for a spare tire; and get rid of them ASAP if they come on a used vehicle... Its a personal thing; Trying to kill me once may be an accident; 3 times is a vendetta...

Enjoy!

On a 2000 F250 7.3L, I had tread separation on two of the original tires at around 25,000 miles. Don't recall which Firestone, but it permanently soured me on Firestone tires.

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
we run the MT's on our Mine trucks. About the only tire that will hold up to the crushed scoria abuse. THey ride rougher than a sack of concrete and wear like iron on pavement. would not reccomend them for highway winter driving.

Explorerinil

Observer
I had the Firestone Transforce AT's on my old F250. Other than being solid as rock for towing, they weren't special at all.

Didn't need to put much air in them ever, since they were filled with concrete.
I agree 100%, I had them on an drw dodge ctd years ago, did great on everything but off-road, they would clog up. At work on the fleet trucks they run them because they are cheap and very durable, any mud and they are clogged. In my opinion they are a great heavy duty road tire.

southpier

Expedition Leader
I run Firestone Destination AT's on my 2015 F 150. I like them for my use mostly on road and some fire roads and two tracks Very stable in the rain at highway speeds/interstate. My .02 :sombrero:

x 2. Tacoma & Savana have them with no problems. stopped the van from side to side roll. still porpoises a bit, but I think that's the nature of the beast.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Firestone Load Range E 16 inch-18 Inch "Transforce" tires are a great over the road tire for larger 2500-3500 trucks. Typically last 70K-90K miles easily. I run them on my road trucks. 2/3 the price of Michelins and last/perform just as good over the road.

No experience with other size Firestone tires or their off-road tires.

lugueto

Adventurer
I've had three sets of Firestone Destination ATs.

I've changed them out at 60.000 miles each with useable tread left.

No complaints, work well for 80% highway driving 20% off road driving, mostly on gravel and sand.

Excellent tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles