Wheel arch flares

Reddogtheo

Observer
Hi just looking for outlet in Aus that has wheel arch flares for fg637 would like to fit 315/75r16s and need an arch extension.
Fitted turbo and intercooler truck has a lot more power and would benefit with 35s.
If interested dyno figures were torque 381 nm up to 583 nm at 40 ks ,power 51.5 kw up to 73.7 kw at 68ks and motive force 793lb up to 1082lb at 40ks.

Thanks

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I know that ATW have wheel flares for the FG84 and FGB71, but I am not sure about the FG637/FG649.
I am pretty sure that they do/did, as they sold singles for those trucks, but a quick phone call would confirm that.

I should add... make sure you are sitting down when you call, as I know they are not cheap.
Earthcruiser is another possibility.

Reddogtheo

Observer
Thanks I will call them tomorrow. I did try EC as they are making a console for me, yet they only make for newer trucks. Last time I contacted ATW for springs I called twice and Emailed once and never received a response made me worry about after sales support.

steve66

Observer
Hey RedDog, I also had trouble getting a peep out of ATW initially but once established it's been great since. There is not much these guys don't know or haven't seen tried with these trucks.

Their flares were $350 from memory so similar to Kim's.

Cheers Steve

I have asked the same q of ATW earlier this year. Dave, the storeman/ whatever ,who is now travelling in his dual cab fg637 (I think) told me they had a set of moulds for earlier trucks and he had flares fitted to his truck. He said they hadn't gone into general production but may be lying around somewhere. I asked Chris the GM about them and he didn't really want to know about it. Bit disappointing considering I'd just had front diff fitted for $x !!! Earlier comment about price would be accurate as nothing ATW does is cheap.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
If you go to one of my first threads you will see that I fitted just normal available rubber flare material in 75mm width. This has also been fitted to Candy's Canter and I know Bris 31 did the same. At a lot less cost.

Dan.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
On my list of things to do is making some moulds for flared guards. But before anyone asks, that is way down on the list at the moment, as I still have a body to build, which has a slightly higher precedence.

Decanter

Adventurer
This is an option also...
4685fbd173b69883240414fa09e7f269.jpg
0997f395181667e0fbbece4f2e09d0f2.jpg

Last edited:

Reddogtheo

Observer
Thanks for the responses, Kim emailed me and ATW responded both do not make flares for this model. Thank you for the other options yet I was after something that looked OEM. Strange from ATW as they have examples on this site in FGs in action. Will speak to Mark from EC this week to see if can get a special build from there subcontractors to match the original style or make a mold myself.
I do find it strange in AUS that no one wants to do out of normal products even when a client will pay $.
I have found Alan from this site and EC the only willing firms to go beyond expectations hence Alan has sold rims to me and A e locker and other equipment in the future. Mark from EC offered advice on my suspension and has been making a special centre console. At least they both try to help not just say I can't help.

Thanks From Frustrated Mick.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I am pretty sure that ATW does (or did) actually have flares moulds for your model, but I do know that they have also done things in the past that are no longer willing to do.
Actually, during one of my visits there I was talking with their (then) fibreglass guy as he was laying up a set of flares. The majority of their fibreglass stuff is done in China now, so maybe they no longer have an "in house" fibreglass person to hand lay up stuff any more. I also know that they got rid of all their old Warrior body moulds, so maybe the older flares moulds went with them. Pity, as there are still quite a few of that model range around.

Reddogtheo

Observer
Thanks Ski
I just get frustrated that in Aus companies whinge when times are tight yet when mining is booming they don't care about the small consistent clients that pay bills.

Thanks Mick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles