Crux Expedition Trailers in Denver CO.

PSea

Bit bummed. Really interested in the Crux 2700. Unfortunately, getting a response from Lori, the owner and main contact on the website, hasn't gone well. If they treat prospective buyers like this, I'm doubting after sales support. bummer. Guess Black Series will be my focus.

shufly09

Bit bummed. Really interested in the Crux 2700. Unfortunately, getting a response from Lori, the owner and main contact on the website, hasn't gone well. If they treat prospective buyers like this, I'm doubting after sales support. bummer. Guess Black Series will be my focus.
PSea,

I've got a Crux 1600 that I need sold ASAP for a very competitive price. It's currently at my sisters house, but she just sold it and I have to find a new home for it. I have a post on here in the classified section, but more than happy to talk offline if you shoot me message on here.

PSea

PSea,

I've got a Crux 1600 that I need sold ASAP for a very competitive price. It's currently at my sisters house, but she just sold it and I have to find a new home for it. I have a post on here in the classified section, but more than happy to talk offline if you shoot me message on here.
Thx for reaching out. I actually bought something this wknd. Good luck.

NW_Traveler

I'm curious about the original question. Could someone contrast something like the Crux, Turtleback, and MOAB? I am having a difficult time figuring out quality and offroad capability.

Cuse Runner

Go to an Overland Expo event and actually look at the campers. They are all starting to look alike. Look at the build quality, materials, options, price, customer service, etc.

Look online, a lot of these companies are copying each other, and the prices/ options, quality, are what set each apart.

geanes

Saw a brand new 1610 here in Austin at a dealer. They had it all setup. Sure looked nice, but had a few areas of concern. Most of the areas of concern could be easily remedied. But, I do think that they indicate possible areas of concern that aren't necessarily visible. Switches were put in at different orientations (would like to see them consistent...circle bottom/line top). All of the lights were oriented differently (logos on top on some, sides on others and at bottom on some). Underneath, there were areas where the "coating" was thicker than others. There were other areas where the coating was simply missing and lots of over-spray. Most of the issues I saw were cosmetic in all fairness. But, I've always thought that if you can't get the simple stuff right, then the difficult stuff might not be done right either.

Cuse Runner

I was at Expo West and was able to look at all the different brands/ styles/ etc. if you want true turn key, quality, and it all...have deep pockets for brands like Patriot Campers. The look a like to CRUX is the Tuff Stuff campers, they are priced high and not as well equipped as my similar CRUX 1600. Going to Expo West made the wife and I confident that we chose the right camper trailer for what we wanted and our budget. There are too many people who go broke buying the latest and greatest, but don’t get to actually go out to enjoy them. Get what fits you and what you want.

Last edited:

Piophan

We have been extremely happy with ours. So far only one trip but it was over a week and it did great. It rained hard for the most of two days and not a drop of water inside. Setup takes less than ten minutes and we could have it back and ready to roll down the road in twenty minutes. I’ll admit that all the fit and finish is not top notch but when you compare what you get for the price of these, you can’t beat it.517953

geanes

Well, looks like I'm going to seriously consider one of these. Was leaning heavily toward the Black Series, but the recent removal of a thread about them requested by a vendor kind of swayed my opinion away from them. That and the numerous complaints on FB and other forums. Too bad, they looked like an incredible deal....guess the old, "if it looks too good to be true, then it is" mantra.

Going back out today to take an even close look. $16k isn't chump change for me at least.

PSea

I participated in the thread in question. In full disclosure, I have a deposit down on a Dominator. My understanding is the suit isn't about a customer complaining. It's about a non-customer spreading false info. Also, the domestic company, Black Series, is a completely different company than the one that supposedly was threatening customers.

As to the thread being removed here, I exchanged emails with someone at EP. At first they told me they don't censor honest/accurate opinions. ....and then after their story changed twice, they told me they removed the entire thread. IMO, the thread was removed because they're lazy and lack a backbone.

I will start a forum not on EP regarding BS. I can promise it won't happen again.

I have no intention of backing out of the transaction. Also, my experience w crux was awful. Sent them an email. Got a return message and then they ("they" = company owner) never responded nor did they attend the Overland Expo West. At that point, I ruled them out.

Good luck!

Dannyklaus

Well, looks like I'm going to seriously consider one of these. Was leaning heavily toward the Black Series, but the recent removal of a thread about them requested by a vendor kind of swayed my opinion away from them. That and the numerous complaints on FB and other forums. Too bad, they looked like an incredible deal....guess the old, "if it looks too good to be true, then it is" mantra.

Going back out today to take an even close look. $16k isn't chump change for me at least.

I bought a Sergeant from an authorized dealer in Atlanta. Took it up to the new river (from Charlotte) for my first outing with my family (wife +2kids 7/10) this past weekend. Towed great, setup took roughly 20 minutes and did it all roughly solo, with the exception of my wife holding up the back end of the tent. It was really warm, but there was great airflow in the tent, the kids slept great, the kitchen/water/solar/storage, all worked as planned. I did not setup the awning as I brought my own.

When I purchased, a strong factor was the price point, and I knew that in addition to the pro's, there would be a few cons, which in all honesty, besides the metal grate note being hinged, are few and far between - but, I have also only used once for 3x nights. I also bought from a dealer who walked me through every inch and made me feel comfortable enough to complete the transaction. That being said, I most likely would not have purchased anything other than the Alpha or Sergeant because there are significantly more moving parts in the rest of the product line. Happy to answer questions if anyone has any.

PSea

Geanes, I found a facebook group dedicated to the dominator/patron. Don't have the link right now, but I posted it at our newforum. See link above. Users have really made me excited to pick mine up. Been addicted to reading about all the different mods those aussies have been doing for YEARS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles