RedRoo/ Roboshocks opinions

JohnRogers

Observer
G'day decided I'm going with the SSA suspension upgrade it come supplied with Sachs shock but my neighbours camper has roboshocks on it and it drives great did some googling and found they are now redroo the lady on the phone said that there isn't a specific set for nps 300 so once I have new springs in place let her know my open/closed lengths and she see if the have a suitable size $395 per corner seemed reasonable for a big bore rebuildable shock. She said rebuild kits are $150 per shock and simple to do for someone with general mechanical skills.
So give me the good,bad and the ugly an I over capitalising or is it money well spent?

https://youtu.be/fwYYQKfQh94

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
With the external oil reservoir these shocks will normally run cooler when working hard.
You also have the option of in-cab controls for changing the reservoir pressure, which changes their stiffness.
They have definitely come down in price over the years, as mine were $750 each when fitted to my truck.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Well... now that you mention it. One of the other advantages is that without too much effort you can modify the valving yourself.
I do not know what, if any, internal modifications have been made by RedRoo to the original RoboShock design, but I actually prefer the aluminium external reservoir with cooling fins to the solid steel tubing they use now. Having said that, I think they will still sell the aluminium chamber as an option.

JohnRogers

Observer
she said they dont do alloy resi anymore but it easy to put an alloy heatsink on it off an RC motor or ill buy some billet and spin some up in the lathe

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I have had a coil conversion on my truck, so I am guessing my shocks may be different to what you would fit to a "standard" Canter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94