Warn m8000 vs m8000s

Coopsdaddy

Observer
Is the synthetic line worth the xtra cost,will be for limited use.I like the idea of less weight on the front of my 2000. 4runner
Have you heard of any sales coming up on warn winches?

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
You will save some weight up front. Synthetic rope is also lighter weight and easier to handle than steel. Plus, it doesn't develop the barbs like wire rope will and it stores less potential energy under load.

Wire rope is super durable and isn't as abrasion-prone as synthetic.

Both are great choices, but it's a personal preference.

- Andy

Skip the synthetic winch line and just go with the regular version of the M8000. Less worries and more durable for occasional use. And you should always wear heavy leather gloves when operating a vehicle recovery winch.

grogie

Like to Camp
I have the M8000 and upgraded to synthetic. I have used both, but prefer handling the synthetic.

Hummelator

Adventurer
I've actually been researching winches the last few days and this was something I was also wondering about. On the warn VR10000 winch for example, the weight difference is about 15 LBS. Not a lot.
Ive decided that I will be purchasing a wire rope version for a couple reasons.
-Replacing the cable is much cheaper than replacing a rope
-Don't have to worry about damaging the rope on sharp objects
-Initial purchase price is cheaper.

That said, I don't plan on using the winch much. I havnt been stuck in years but I want to be self sufficient should the occasion arise.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
I've actually been researching winches the last few days and this was something I was also wondering about. On the warn VR10000 winch for example, the weight difference is about 15 LBS. Not a lot.
Ive decided that I will be purchasing a wire rope version for a couple reasons.
-Replacing the cable is much cheaper than replacing a rope
-Don't have to worry about damaging the rope on sharp objects
-Initial purchase price is cheaper.

That said, I don't plan on using the winch much. I havnt been stuck in years but I want to be self sufficient should the occasion arise.

Steel definitely has advantages, especially when it comes to abrasion. Some people won't touch synthetic. To each their own.

Andy

As a matter of fact, yes. We have a promotion running from Nov. 1 to Dec. 31 where you can get up to $200 cash back on a WARN winch.

- Andy

Trying to decide between an M8000-S and a the 9.5XP-S for my 2014 FJ Cruiser with a Road Armor bumper... Originally I was thinking of going with the M8-S but my 4x4 shop was recommending the 9.5XP-S. I don't truthfully plan on using the winch for everyday use and a lot of my everyday wheeling is in soft sand and occasional mud (beach/Florida wheeling). But I do plan on making the trek out to ExpoWest in 2018 and out to Ouray, CO for the FJ Summit so I will be hitting some more “technical trails”. What are your thoughts!?

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Trying to decide between an M8000-S and a the 9.5XP-S for my 2014 FJ Cruiser with a Road Armor bumper... Originally I was thinking of going with the M8-S but my 4x4 shop was recommending the 9.5XP-S. I don't truthfully plan on using the winch for everyday use and a lot of my everyday wheeling is in soft sand and occasional mud (beach/Florida wheeling). But I do plan on making the trek out to ExpoWest in 2018 and out to Ouray, CO for the FJ Summit so I will be hitting some more “technical trails”. What are your thoughts!?

The 9.5xp-s is going to have better water sealing and is going to be faster and have more capacity. The xp is an awesome winch. The M8 is still a great winch, but doesn't have sealing or the speed.

Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles