Tacoma aluminum tray and canopy, sold

Chandlerdoom

Observer
Alright I am selling my full aluminum tray and canopy to move forward with new projects. I designed this to fit the tacoma body, may fit other

Details:
full aluminum build
lift off canopy design
adjustable flares (with drilling)
lockable doors
spare tire mount
ladder for roof access
power coated semigloss black
high clearance
weight unknown, but similar in weight compared to a HC bumper, bed, shell
67x61x31 rough interior canopy measurements

Cons:
powder coat has some rub marks from the straps during transport
bottom doors could use a thicker foam for seal
gas fill is wedged between the cab and headrack, could use a better placement
tail lights were 24v so I have temporary cheap amazon trailer lights on now
Ladder is not secured from the bottom when folded down making climbing up the lower half awkward, a new bracket could fix this
Lift off jacks are a little too short for my truck with 37s so the may need a taller base if you have a similar tire

I have drilled holes for the roof top tent in the picture, the tent is being sold separately right now in another listing but if interested I could include it for a deal

Location-St Louis, can deliver/help install within a reasonable distance.
Price- 4500, if you want the tent along with it you can PM me

IMG_2647 by chandler coe, on Flickr

IMG_1413 by chandler coe, on Flickr

IMG_2394 by chandler coe, on Flickr

IMG_2399 by chandler coe, on Flickr

IMG_2457 by chandler coe, on Flickr

IMG_2607 by chandler coe, on Flickr

DSC09097 by chandler coe, on Flickr

DSC09049 by chandler coe, on Flickr

DSC09071 by chandler coe, on Flickr

DSC09094 by chandler coe, on Flickr

DSC09077 by chandler coe, on Flickr

Last edited:

tacoma16

Thanks for the heads up on instagram. Is this able to bolt up to a double cab long bed?

Last edited:

Chandlerdoom

Observer
Thanks for the heads up on instagram. Is this able to bolt up to a long bed?

Long bed would be a reach, 70" is roughly the total length so it would be shorter than your current set up. I made it to have about the same departure angle as the high clearance bumper but with a longer length for a short bed. You would only have a 67" deck and the lower boxes wouldn't work with the movement of the flares to cover the tires.

It could work but its really dependent on what you want, I know a buddy wants one made for a short bed for his long bed truck so it would be as if he bobbed his bed for an even better departure angle

tacoma16

Gotcha. Didn't even think of the wheel placement, was only concerned with it bolting up. It's a hell of a canopy. And compared to commercial available options with nothing this is priced really well. Thanks for the quick reply!

Chandlerdoom

Observer
Just wanted to update that i have the interior being built for it now and will be included with the sale. If it is purchased prior we can arrange how the interior will make it to you

Acvaldez

This is a really clean build - I want to do the same to my truck. My wife needs epic convincing as well. 5K is a great price!

60Dan

Explorer
Could you post up dimensions of the tray and canopy to see if this would work with other applications? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles