1980 280GE SWB Barn Door Truck FOR SALE

unimog2450

1980 Mercedes Benz 280GE
Short Wheel Base Barn Door
VIN 46023217006445
Colorado Beige (paint code: 1470)
Manufacture date: June 03, 1980
Engine: M110E 2.8L I6, 156 hp, 166 lbft (4250 rpm)
4-Speed manual with front & rear locking differentials
$29995.00 OBO

Approximately 40K miles from new. Three owner truck imported into Oregon early in its life following initial purchase in Germany. Oregon owner tackled the Federalization on his own (I have original paperwork). Sold to Maryland individual and used sparingly over six year ownership. I purchased in June 2015 with intention of full restoration/modification due to such good original condition, but chose to keep as-is aside from suspension, wheels and tires. Reason for selling? To fund other projects (house, son’s college tuition, etc) but want this to go to a good home. Truck can also be seen on www.ClubGWagen.com classifieds with lengthy thread of comments. Not CARB compliant unless someone wants to spend a ton of additional money to smog certify in California.

A number of maintenance items were needed in order to bring back to reliable running condition as it sat so long in storage. Namely brake system, fuel system all the way to injectors. Truck needed to pass emissions to Register/plate it here in Colorado. These items were corrected and vehicle runs well. All repair/maintenance was performed by Mike Hoover of Hoover Mercedes, an independent repair shop. I can argue that of all the Mercedes shops I’ve used on 8 different Mercedes vehicles over the years, Mike is by far the best in Colorado (IMHO). He has 25 years of Mercedes experience and named Master Guild Technician numerous times. If he signs off on a vehicle leaving his shop, rest assured it was repaired right.

Other items added to the truck during my ownership:

• New brake line system
• New MB plastic fuel tank and lines
• Brake master cylinder including reservoir
• Brake slave cylinder
• Eibach ORC springs
• Koni SPX shocks
• Hella fog lamps
• Turn signal guards
• Headlight guards
• Borbet fender flares
• Window tinting
• Tortion bar frame re-mount to correct driveline balance with the added suspension height
• AMG G55 wheels (plastidipped)
• BFGoodrich 35/12.5r18 tires

This is a 37 year old UNRESTORED truck and I represent that fact openly. No surprises, just an honest original vehicle that presents itself very well. Previous ownership showed care in maintenance and basic preservation. Including minor rust repair around the rear doors—a process that involved welding in new metal and painting to match—but otherwise original bodywork and paint. Exhaust system replaced in Maryland and near new condition. Minor corrosion near a rear pinch seam. Interior is near perfect with original Becker radio. Minor vinyl abrasions at driver’s seat base where cushion deforms when getting in and out of truck, otherwise excellent upholstery condition. I was involved in a rear end collision back in November 2016 and had 2 vehicles impact the rear of the truck. Fortunately, the only areas effected were the left bumper and steel fuel tank. Replaced tank with new style factory plastic version directly from S-Tec manufacturer in Austria. Bumper bracket including left mud flap assembly were slightly bent. Bracket welded with new matching material and new bumper installed. Did not replace mud flap assembly.

Turns heads every time I drive it. Questioned in parking lots regularly. Great conversation piece!

$29995.00 OBO as it sits or $27500.00 minus AMG wheels and BFG tires. I have the original steel wheel set with near new tires that I can put back on or sell separately. Shipping at buyer’s cost, but I can arrange if needed.

Options:
A70 & A71 – front & rear axles diff. locks
C70 – two-part divided rear bumper
E40 – 7-pin trailer plug socket
E63 – Becker Europa Cassette
F46 – headlamps washers
F66 – lockable glove compartment
G75 – differential gear speedometer shaft
H20 – heat-insulation glass all round
J33 – clock
J38 – tachometer
L12 – halogen headlamps
L16 – halogen fog lamps
L18 – rear fog lamp
M74 – underbody protection for engine & radiator
Q53 – low mounted ball-head type trailer coupling
Q58 – front tow-off coupling
R69 – spare wheel carrier, swivel type
S20 & S26 – folding front seats
S30 and S32 – headrest for driver and passenger seats
S55 – folding rear seat
S64 – safety belts for rear seat
V18 – upholstery color black
V22 – upgraded version of the interior trim
V34 – padded grab handle and instrument panel
V47 – central tray with hot-air guide to the rear
Y10 – first aid box
Y44 – warning triangle

Serious inquiries can PM me directly. Provide phone number/email address and I will respond promptly.

Attachments

• _DSC7047-2-2.jpg
    _DSC7047-2-2.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 93
  • _DSC7056-2-2.jpg
    _DSC7056-2-2.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN8993.JPG
    DSCN8993.JPG
    414.8 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN8990.JPG
    DSCN8990.JPG
    421.9 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN8997.JPG
    DSCN8997.JPG
    386.1 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN8999.JPG
    DSCN8999.JPG
    434.7 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN9008.JPG
    DSCN9008.JPG
    428.7 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN9104.JPG
    DSCN9104.JPG
    290.6 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN9023.JPG
    DSCN9023.JPG
    391.8 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN9005.JPG
    DSCN9005.JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 72

jerstw

Adventurer
Wow! That may be the sweetest looking “G” I’ve ever seen! Agree, GLWTS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unimog2450

SOLD!!! Gonna miss this truck, but headed to Japan! Thanks all that commented and followed. On to the next project!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles