New Photos of the Earthroamer XV-HD ahead of SEMA

MLu

Adventurer
I'm guessing the 1,5 mil is just a ballpark figure to keep the riffraff and tire-kicking single-digit millionaires away. Guessing you could spec it to a less ridiculous level if you leave out that horrible distressed wood, or to a whole new level of ridiculous if so inclined. For people who spend 30k a month on staff and upkeep on a 175 million yacht they use maybe three times a year, this is not a bad deal.

It's also sort-of unique in the sense that, while it is essentially a commercial truck, it still sort of looks and smells like a pickup, unlike a similarly priced MAN.

Keyne

Adventurer
I think it’s interesting they actually built it with this price tag. It will be interesting to see how it sells. Given the other options available in the uber expensive price range anyone that researched the capabilities etc I can’t imagine would buy it... but as mentioned the rich might just buy it as a toy.

torqluvas

Observer
Does anyone know if Earthroamer has been or especially now [with this $1.5million beast] will be using some profits to repay their 2009 bankruptcy debt [$6.5millon] to those who bailed them out?
I'm specificially curious about the repayment of $5.3million to the SBA so that other small businesses don't lose out on growing their own businesses from the lack of SBA funds.
https://bizwest.com/2009/10/30/earthroamer-files-for-bankruptcy/

Perhaps Earthroamer could inform us if theyve stepped up and done the right thing since it appears business is really good again, which is genuinely good to see for the Colorado employees and their families.

PS, the hidden staircase is a nifty idea. Well done on that.

Perhaps Earthroamer could inform us if theyve stepped up and done the right thing since it appears business is really good again, which is genuinely good to see for the Colorado employees and their families.

PS, the hidden staircase is a nifty idea. Well done on that.

Many (if not most) creditors were made whole and we have excellent business relationships with many of those same vendors today. The SBA was paid in full when we sold the factory and not one penny of taxpayer money was used to bail us out. https://bizwest.com/2010/05/14/bev-buys-plant-in-lafayette/ I couldn't undo all of the harm that the bankruptcy caused to everyone, but I did my best to make as many people as possible whole, and move through the process with honesty and integrity. It wasn't easy.

Today we are designing and building world class expedition vehicles. We are creating jobs, buying goods and services from many other companies, and enabling EarthRoamer owners to live their dreams in an American made product produced by talented and skilled Colorado craftsman. For that I make no apologies.

If you have any additional questions, call me or send me an email and I'll do my best to provide you with accurate answers.

Sincerely,

Bill Swails
EarthRoamer Founder and CEO

bill@earthroamer.com
303-601-7659 cell

ps. Glad you like the hidden staircase.

Last edited:

ripperj

Explorer
And yet another Expo thread off the rails.

Does anyone ever even look at thread titles here?

The thread is supposed to be pics of a very expensive Expedition vehicle. The fact that most of us cant afford it is not really relevant, many folks including me like seeing what’s out there.

Bill- nicely worded response, I would have told him/ her to get bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

torqluvas

Observer
Many (if not most) creditors were made whole and we have excellent business relationships with many of those same vendors today. The SBA was paid in full when we sold the factory and not one penny of taxpayer money was used to bail us out. https://bizwest.com/2010/05/14/bev-buys-plant-in-lafayette/ I couldn’t undo all of the harm that the bankruptcy caused to everyone, but I did my best to make as many people as possible whole, and move through the process with honesty and integrity. It wasn’t easy.

Today we are designing and building world class expedition vehicles. We are creating jobs, buying goods and services from many other companies, and enabling EarthRoamer owners to live their dreams in an American made product produced by talented and skilled Colorado craftsman. For that I make no apologies.

If you have any additional questions, call me or send me an email and I’ll do my best to provide you with accurate answers.

Sincerely,

Bill Swails
EarthRoamer Founder and CEO

bill@earthroamer.com
303-601-7659 cell

ps. Glad you like the hidden staircase.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
True class Bill, huge kudos.
Thanks for doing what you (and Earthroamer) do!

trailsurfer

Explorer
I understand 4 have been sold to date. Seems like business is good, to very good.

And when a Prevost or other top "bus/motorhome" vehicles cost $1,500,000 +, why not buy a ER XV/HD. Much better built and can go anywhere its size will allow.

I understand 4 have been sold to date. Seems like business is good, to very good.

And when a Prevost or other top "bus/motorhome" vehicles cost $1,500,000 +, why not buy a ER XV/HD. Much better built and can go anywhere its size will allow.
Why not? A comparable Unicat would actually cost LESS.

gregmchugh

Observer

I do wonder who buys an EarthRoamer HD when there are other options with similar capabilities and quality for less. These buyers must be looking for something beyond functionality and they seem to get it with the glamour (or something like that) that comes with an EarthRoamer. I suppose one issue for a U.S. buyer of a vehicle this large is the limited availability of truck chassis for this size vehicle over here vs elsewhere where you can get a large Mercedes or MAN truck. How would this be handled with Unicat? Ship a U.S. chassis over there for the build and then ship it back here?

I do wonder who buys an EarthRoamer HD when there are other options with similar capabilities and quality for less. These buyers must be looking for something beyond functionality and they seem to get it with the glamour (or something like that) that comes with an EarthRoamer. I suppose one issue for a U.S. buyer of a vehicle this large is the limited availability of truck chassis for this size vehicle over here vs elsewhere where you can get a large Mercedes or MAN truck. How would this be handled with Unicat? Ship a U.S. chassis over there for the build and then ship it back here?
Yes. Roro shipping from east coast (Halifax NS is by far the best due to not having to deal with US govt and port security BS) to Antwerp is about $4k and quite painless using Seabridge to book. A drop in the bucket considering camper box price. And one has the opportunity to take a “test trip “ to Morocco or even Mongolia.

Zybane

Did you just compare a Ford F750 versus a 2-million mile full stainless steel $900K chassis alone Prevost? lol

For 1.5 Mil, an Earthroamer on a $100K chassis would literally be at the very bottom of the list versus something like a UNICAT or ActionMobil.

trailsurfer

Explorer
Having the pleasure, or quite honestly, the displeasure of owning two "$900,000" chassis buses, and putting close to 75,000 miles on these vehicles. They are pure junk. The electronics, plumbing, cabinets, are all pitiful. They drive even worse. There is NO comparison to the quality of a ER build, none. Unicate and Action Mobil are beyond fantastic, but they are very different vehicles with a different mission.

trailsurfer

Explorer

Why? Generally, the ideal cursing speed of these vehicles is in the 50-60 MPH range. I live in the four corners and see at least a dozen of these vehicles a year crawling down the highway or creeping up a pass. In North America its not ideal for cross continent travel. Along with the fact that customer support/warranty work will be for the most part non existent in North America.

The XD is not my style or my choice for a vehicle in any way. I would love a MAN, but also realize the limitations of such a vehicle based here in the US.

How is your Mog? Beautiful truck!

Last edited:

Zybane

Having the pleasure, or quite honestly, the displeasure of owning two "$900,000" chassis buses, and putting close to 75,000 miles on these vehicles. They are pure junk. The electronics, plumbing, cabinets, are all pitiful. They drive even worse. There is NO comparison to the quality of a ER build, none. Unicate and Action Mobil are beyond fantastic, but they are very different vehicles with a different mission.

I'm generally curious, what year, model Prevost and converter? You bought a second one too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles