New Photos of the Earthroamer XV-HD ahead of SEMA

trailsurfer

Explorer
I'm generally curious, what year, model Prevost and converter? You bought a second one too?

2006 and 2008, Country Coach was the conversion company. I used them for work, when working long term in one location. They were ok as stationary apartments, but constantly required work and repairs. Pretty to look at, but the quality was/is lacking.

How is your Mog? Beautiful truck!
The U500/Unicat has been good over the last 12yrs/100K mi. Top speed is 70 but I do cruise at 57-60 in North America. Anything with 395/85R20s or comparable shouldn't go much faster than that. Plus even at 57mph rpms are 1850, 84% of peak hp rpm

waveslider

Outdoorsman
And yet another Expo thread off the rails.

Does anyone ever even look at thread titles here?

The thread is supposed to be pics of a very expensive Expedition vehicle. The fact that most of us cant afford it is not really relevant, many folks including me like seeing what’s out there.

Better yet, when we started our search for an upgrade from the SMB, I was always curious why there was so little information from current owners of Expedition vehicles on this site. ER, GXV, EC and other Euro models. I expected a bunch of people talking about their rig, choices they made, trade offs (including monetary and functional trade offs). I know there's tons of them roaming the US and far flung places.

I think I get why they don't do that now. Its a shame.

zb39

Adventurer
2006 and 2008, Country Coach was the conversion company. I used them for work, when working long term in one location. They were ok as stationary apartments, but constantly required work and repairs. Pretty to look at, but the quality was/is lacking.
Were both of your coaches on prevost chassis or the CC chassis? Most of CC coaches were not built on prevost. Did you buy these new or used, how old were they.
CC has a pretty good rep. The original company is long gone these days.

Zybane

Good question. I've never heard of anyone ever say a Prevost chassis drove poorly. They are one of the best chassis in the world.

Zybane

Good question. I've never heard of anyone ever say a Prevost chassis drove poorly. They are one of the best chassis in the world.

"I think I get why they don't do that now. Its a shame. "

We get a little tired of "class warfare" type jealousy from people than can't afford these vehicles and so they dump on them. I don't know if I should apologize but I paid cash for mine.
I am very happy with mine and will pass it on to one of my descendants when I am too old to drive.
I am a little confused about people who buy Unicat like rigs for up to 1M euros and sell them after one trip of 35K km, but they are good buys.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
We get a little tired of "class warfare" type jealousy from people than can't afford these vehicles and so they dump on them.

Like I said, I get it now. I wish more people with rigs like yours wouldn't have to refrain from talking about your choices and decisions or just the general magnificence of them for fear of wading through the morass of haters, vapors and whatnot anytime you talk about your vehicle.

Apologize? I certainly hope someone comes up to me and asks me to apologize for ours, I need the exercise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles