Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoked about the new Gofast camper

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boise ID, Los Angeles CA, and everywhere in between
    Posts
    22

    Default Stoked about the new Gofast camper

    KG7YVA
    i have my Jameson and OLY. Ready to go!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,020
    Looks cool, especially for the desert crowd. I think I might have been able to sell the Mrs. on something like that if I'd tried before we got a van, but I'm betting these days she'll want more insulation, not less! ;-)
    ChooseAdventure.net
    "My minivan is cooler than your bro-truck"
    2003 Chevrolet Astrolander 4WD Van - DIY GTRV PopTop, 4" Lift

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    9
    Eagerly awaiting more details. This may be just what I'm looking for. One could build their own lower support structure out of composite panels and simply put this on top. I wonder if the tube rack assembly underneath is stock or just used for illustrative purpose. OTOH it could be that the tube fabrication is the structure for the camper/canopy sides.
    Last edited by rajacat; 10-26-2017 at 06:02 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Bozeman, Montana
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by rajacat View Post
    Eagerly awaiting more details. This may be just what I'm looking for. One could build their own lower support structure out of composite panels and simply put this on top. I wonder if the tube rack assembly underneath is stock or just used for illustrative purpose. OTOH it could be that the tube fabrication is the structure for the camper/canopy sides.
    Hi,

    I'm the designer and a partner in GFC so I should be able to answer any questions. The tube structure is the frame for the lower portion of the camper. The frame will be wrapped in either canvas (like a can-bak or softtopper) with sides that roll up, or in aluminum panels. There will be an insulated liner option for the upper and lower not long after we start shipping. For the aluminum paneled version there will be a rear glass window and on the soft side version there will be a zip open plastic window.

    Weight on the soft-sided version (upper and lower combined) will be under 200 lbs, and about 245 for the hard-sided model.

    While technically you could separate the two, we'll initially only be selling them as a unit. That said, we will eventually be offering the popup portion as a stand-alone RTT with a solid floor, or as a kit that could be integrated into a van top. We will also be selling the lower as a stand-alone topper without the popup.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,279
    👍 great idea! Im glad more folks are looking at products like these, the light simple pickup bed options are needed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    554
    I'm on the preorder list and excited to see what the final pricing and options look like.
    "Trucks don't have to be extreme to be awesome, just good enough to get you where you want and back." -Corax

    Montero Trailer (sold) | Little Black Trailer | M416 project (sold) | M116A2 & Kamparoo Build

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pasadena CA
    Posts
    132
    Hondo.

    What kind of lock/closure will be on the back window/door of the camper? I am generally disappointed with the security of most camper shell rear doors. Really like the product so far and will be watching closely.

    Looks like my cousins Ursa Minor camper for his Jeep. I really like the design, but with a family a bit too small. Your design might be perfect for us!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chelan WA
    Posts
    210
    If the Ursa minor pop tops for the JK were built like this, I would get one.
    Any chance you will build a JK top?
    2008 Jeep JKUR
    127K miles as of October 2016
    Teraflex Prerunnner long arm kit with fox shocks and speed bumps.
    K&N intake
    Diablo intune
    Ripp long tube headers
    Smitty Bilt XCR bumper
    Smitty Bilt XCR 8500 winch w/ synthetic line
    Hella H4 headlight conversion from rallylights.com
    Hella 4000 lights
    American Racing teflon wheels
    315/70/17 Cooper AT3's

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Bozeman, Montana
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrunner View Post
    I'm on the preorder list and excited to see what the final pricing and options look like.
    Excellent. As for options, there will be the choice between aluminum or canvas sides for the lower. And there will be an array of optional accessories: mounting brackets (for awnings, light, roof racks, solar, etc.), an interior LED lighting package, and a ventilation fan. Not sure what pricing will be for the optional accessories yet though.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Bozeman, Montana
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Hondo.

    What kind of lock/closure will be on the back window/door of the camper? I am generally disappointed with the security of most camper shell rear doors. Really like the product so far and will be watching closely.

    Looks like my cousins Ursa Minor camper for his Jeep. I really like the design, but with a family a bit too small. Your design might be perfect for us!
    Most likely just a standard center turn with two latches at the bottom. You can't really make anything with a window secure (unless they're bulletproof Every person I know who's had their car broken into, it's always been a smashed window.

    And yes, this has a bit more room in it. With a bed platform over the wheel wells you could easily sleep two adults and some children.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •