Stoked about the new Gofast camper

gmacmt

Adventurer
Got some photos back from our photog in Baja, will have some inside shots soon and will do a walkaround video once the truck is back from Mexico. Its basically a tube frame with exterior panels, so the downstairs look about the same as the renders on our site. The frame still allows an action packer sized object to fit comfortably through the bracing.

27794263699_2a91fbf0c2_z.jpg

39540976462_1b247f0826_z.jpg

25715985338_046d6b6190_z.jpg

Last edited:

Runt

Adventurer
Awesome! Can't wait to see more pix and eventually the short box and full size version. In my opinion this eclipses the Alucab.....plus I love that its American made.

Last edited:

pthomas

Hope I didn't miss this somewhere, but what design are you using for the hinges to the windoors and rear door? Do they shed water? Concept is looking good. Glad something new is coming to the market!

gmacmt

Adventurer
Awesome! Can't wait to see more pix and eventually the short box and full size version. In my opinion this eclipses the Alucab.....plus I love that its American made.

Thanks for the kind words! XL version is coming sooner than later... (hint hint)

Hope I didn't miss this somewhere, but what design are you using for the hinges to the windoors and rear door? Do they shed water? Concept is looking good. Glad something new is coming to the market!

We are using a continuous weather sealed hinge along the length of it. They do shed water.

al_burpe

Observer
I am confused on how you get into the bed/sleeping area portion. Do you climb in from the tailgate? I see there are the removable floor panels to access the truck bed from the sleeping area but it doesn't look like you can easily get there outside the truck without crawling through the down tailgate. It definitely looks like a cool product, I am just trying to figure out how to get inside it.

crazysccrmd

Observer
I am confused on how you get into the bed/sleeping area portion. Do you climb in from the tailgate? I see there are the removable floor panels to access the truck bed from the sleeping area but it doesn't look like you can easily get there outside the truck without crawling through the down tailgate. It definitely looks like a cool product, I am just trying to figure out how to get inside it.

Jump in the bed of the truck and then up into the platform sleeping area from inside.

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer

You remove a floor panel or as many floor panels as you'd like and get in from the bed.

gmacmt

Adventurer

I totally see what you mean, and why that isn't clear. This picture will help...

27893896499_79a5fb9058_z.jpg

We didn't have the gas struts to lift the hatch before going to baja, literally finished it working on christmas eve, and my business partner Wiley left Christmas day. All the panels will have lifting struts soon of course. It was simply a time crunch, though the deadline was entirely self imposed.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Got some photos back from our photog in Baja, will have some inside shots soon and will do a walkaround video once the truck is back from Mexico. Its basically a tube frame with exterior panels, so the downstairs look about the same as the renders on our site. The frame still allows an action packer sized object to fit comfortably through the bracing.

27794263699_2a91fbf0c2_z.jpg

39540976462_1b247f0826_z.jpg

25715985338_046d6b6190_z.jpg

The wind can howl down there. How was the "flap factor"?

Whaler

Adventurer
This looks killer. Cheers. Glad to hear you'll be selling a tent-only option. What do you think the tent only option will weigh?

Also, is the translucent roof strong enough to stand on?

v_man

Explorer
If someone is sleeping on the access floor panel(s) side, then I assume they must wake up/move if the other person wants to exit the Gofast? It seems like there would likely be a warm body sleeping on the egress/ingress point...

crazysccrmd

Observer
If someone is sleeping on the access floor panel(s) side, then I assume they must wake up/move if the other person wants to exit the Gofast? It seems like there would likely be a warm body sleeping on the egress/ingress point...

I think you could put both the smaller panels at the back so each person could have their own exit on their side if needed.

gmacmt

Adventurer
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay! Been distracted with working on a unimog camper the last couple days.

The wind can howl down there. How was the "flap factor"?

Wiley just crossed back into the country and give you some first person experience. I know he had it in some pretty serious wind.

This looks killer. Cheers. Glad to hear you'll be selling a tent-only option. What do you think the tent only option will weigh?

Also, is the translucent roof strong enough to stand on?

Thanks a bunch dude! The tent only part will weight about 135#. It will also serve as its own roof rack, so you don't need the weight of something else to mount it on.

The panel is not rated to be walked on as it sits, but we will offer a racking system that will be able to support that kind of load.

It will come with a 3rd brake light and harness.

yup! Thanks will!

crazysccrmd is right, you can keep both panels at the end, and remove one without having your partner need to get out of bed. The operable panel section is a square, and it is comprised of 2 25"x25" panels, and one 50"x25" panel. This allows you to configure them any way you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles