Stoked about the new Gofast camper

justbecause

perpetually lost
I think thats pretty great looking....
what are the chances of getting one with enough over hang up front to still have a bed and fit a 5ft bed 2nd gen frontier?

bozzy

I love the design! I put in an inquiry for 2017 super duty crew cab short bed. Hopefully you have gotten a few others for that truck? Perfect balance of Baja ready, and maintaining my truck as a DD.

Tacotruck7

The warranty is concerning to me.

I find their warranty interesting....

“DOYOU HAVE A WARRANTY?
Every component in the GFC platform comes with a 2-year manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase on all material, craftsmanship, and parts. This warranty does not extend to normal wear and tear, or to damage or cosmetic blemishes sustained during use. GFC will repair or replace defective items at no cost to the customer, and the customer is responsible for delivering the tent to the repair facility. The owner of the GFC product must assume the cost and liability of freight, and all damage incurred from shipping is the responsibility of the product owner and shipping company.

Beyond that, we stand behind our products. If you have any issues outside of our normal warranty terms, please contact us and we will do our best to resolve your situation.”

Essentially you decide what is “normal wear and tear” and what is a failure. As someone who isn't local this makes it even harder for me if something goes wrong. How does this warrenty really help me as a customer then? I'm very interested in a camper this is my only struggle with the product.

Xrunner

Explorer

I'm happy it's a 2-year warranty!

The rest of it seems like a pretty typical warranty, IMO. You pay to get it back to the shop for warranty work, and if something is defective they fix it at no cost.

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer

I find their warranty interesting....

“DOYOU HAVE A WARRANTY?
Every component in the GFC platform comes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase on all material, craftsmanship, and parts. This warranty does not extend to normal wear and tear, or to damage or cosmetic blemishes sustained during use. GFC will repair or replace defective items at no cost to the customer, and the customer is responsible for delivering the tent to the repair facility. The owner of the GFC product must assume the cost and liability of freight, and all damage incurred from shipping is the responsibility of the product owner and shipping company.

Beyond that, we stand behind our products. If you have any issues outside of our normal warranty terms, please contact us and we will do our best to resolve your situation.”

Essentially you decide what is “normal wear and tear” and what is a failure. As someone who isn’t local this makes it even harder for me if something goes wrong. How does this warrenty really help me as a customer then? I’m very interested in a camper this is my only struggle with the product.

Be happy you didn't have a flippac like I did where FRP would not respond to your countless calls or just tell you there wasn't anything they could do. Graeme and Wiley are stand up guys just look at their individual companies and you'll see that. I've seen the camper in person and it’s nicer than you are expecting I’ll say that, I’ve been talking to Graeme for months about this and had high expectations and it met or exceeded those in all areas thus far. It feels big inside because it’s so tall (which was a concern seeing as nothing compares to a flippac in terms of interior space). The floor panels are very cool and work very well, I was also impressed with how easy it popped up and put away. Graeme and Wiley have put a lot of thought into it and they’re taking suggestions from people which is cool as it’s like an open source camper if you will.

Go Fast Camper by Jim Bob Barnett, on Flickr

rajacat

I just sent my deposit.:ylsmoke: #40 on the list.
I used Paypal credit) 0% interest for 6 mos. If for some reason I cancel (I doubt it) I'm out zero $'s.

Tacotruck7

Be happy you didn't have a flippac like I did where FRP would not respond to your countless calls or just tell you there wasn't anything they could do. Graeme and Wiley are stand up guys just look at their individual companies and you'll see that. I've seen the camper in person and it’s nicer than you are expecting I’ll say that, I’ve been talking to Graeme for months about this and had high expectations and it met or exceeded those in all areas thus far. It feels big inside because it’s so tall (which was a concern seeing as nothing compares to a flippac in terms of interior space). The floor panels are very cool and work very well, I was also impressed with how easy it popped up and put away. Graeme and Wiley have put a lot of thought into it and they’re taking suggestions from people which is cool as it’s like an open source camper if you will.

Good to know. I'm hoping they're as good as they look.

gmacmt

Adventurer
I think thats pretty great looking....
what are the chances of getting one with enough over hang up front to still have a bed and fit a 5ft bed 2nd gen frontier?

We are building for the 5' Tacoma bed, so the short short beds aren't a problem. If you don't mind, fill out the form at the bottom of our FAQ page and we can add your truck to our list of requested vehicles. Link Below...

GFC FAQ

I love the design! I put in an inquiry for 2017 super duty crew cab short bed. Hopefully you have gotten a few others for that truck? Perfect balance of Baja ready, and maintaining my truck as a DD.

Thanks so much. We are coming out with an 'XL' width version this year that will be a better fit for full size trucks. The ford will likely be one of the first we support, as well as Ram and current gen tundra.

I just sent my deposit.:ylsmoke: #40 on the list.
I used Paypal credit) 0% interest for 6 mos. If for some reason I cancel (I doubt it) I'm out zero $'s.

Awesome. And so folks know, deposit is fully refundable at any point in the process. We aren't using it to raise capital, purely to gauge market interest.

bozzy

Thanks so much. We are coming out with an 'XL' width version this year that will be a better fit for full size trucks. The ford will likely be one of the first we support, as well as Ram and current gen tundra.

Sweet. If I wanted to reserve one through your guys website, how would I go about that, seeing as there is no option for the Super Duty’s yet?

earlyman

This may be presumptuous.

First let me say this looks great.

If your wife needs to pee in the night, is the panel easy to prop up or remove? This of course is a key design question. Think about that when coming up with the final build.

Lot's of things I like in this camper like wedge shape into wind, leave boards on the car, light weight.

Keep at it.

gmacmt

Adventurer
Sweet. If I wanted to reserve one through your guys website, how would I go about that, seeing as there is no option for the Super Duty's yet?

At this point we aren't ready to take reservations for the 'XL' version. Shoot me an email though at Graeme@gfcengineering.com, and let me know your name, phone number, Make/model/bed length/year and I can make sure you are at the top of the call list before we launch the new version. Thanks for your interest!

First let me say this looks great.

If your wife needs to pee in the night, is the panel easy to prop up or remove? This of course is a key design question. Think about that when coming up with the final build.

Lot's of things I like in this camper like wedge shape into wind, leave boards on the car, light weight.

Keep at it.

Appreciate it! We designed this with your needs specifically in mind earlyman.

So I am a normal person (5'9") but my business partner is 6'4". Everyone sleeps with their head towards the small part of the triangle. Not sure why, but its way better. I guess it is because there is a huge door window on the back to look out of, but also because the roof panel is semi-translucent so it doesn't feel claustrophobic.

That said, when you sleep in that orientation, the floor paneling can be arranged with two small panels towards the "foot" of the bed. Those components have a grab handle, and are super easy to remove while you're still in the bed. You are probably going to wake up your partner because its not a huge space and truck suspension moves a bit, but the person staying in bed doesn't have to move. Or climb down a ladder in the dark.

You can also get out really easily if you sleep in the opposite direction without totally disturbing your partner, it just requires a 180* rotation before you get out.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

gmacmt

Adventurer
Essentially you decide what is “normal wear and tear” and what is a failure. As someone who isn't local this makes it even harder for me if something goes wrong. How does this warrenty really help me as a customer then? I'm very interested in a camper this is my only struggle with the product.

Want to address your concerns...

Our warranty is in case we didn't make a part correctly or something fails in an unexpected way then we'll fix it. Normal wear and tear means things like scratches and dents, torn fabric, etc. that cost falls on the user. if it fails because you bashed it into a rock or forced the lid closed with a cooler still inside or something like that then we won't cover it. But even in cases where it's not our fault we'll sell replacement parts at near cost because we want people out there using and enjoying these things. This isn't a get rich quick scheme. And the place to start will always be with photos and emails or phone calls. Shipping them back and forth is a last resort.

It should Also be noted that we designed these campers to be user serviceable so even if it's not a warranty repair we'll talk you through any repair procedure over the phone, via skype/facetime etc.

Runt

Adventurer
We will be making the tent part available on its own. No firm price but somewhere in the low $3k range.

That version will have a ladder, solid floor, and side doors in addition to the rear door on the camper model.

And yes, we're making the fabric super easy to remove for cleaning. We will eventually release a winter-weight option.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what your production camper model will look like. I love the simplistic ruggedness. Any change we can get any inside pix?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles