Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Stoked about the new Gofast camper

Got some photos back from our photog in Baja, will have some inside shots soon and will do a walkaround video once the truck is back from Mexico. Its basically a tube frame with exterior panels, so the downstairs look about the same as the renders on our site. The frame still allows an action packer sized object to fit comfortably through the bracing.

Last edited by gmacmt; 01-09-2018 at 01:31 AM.

Awesome! Can't wait to see more pix and eventually the short box and full size version. In my opinion this eclipses the Alucab.....plus I love that its American made.
    Last edited by Runt; 01-09-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Hope I didn't miss this somewhere, but what design are you using for the hinges to the windoors and rear door? Do they shed water? Concept is looking good. Glad something new is coming to the market!

Quote Originally Posted by Runt View Post
    Awesome! Can't wait to see more pix and eventually the short box and full size version. In my opinion this eclipses the Alucab.....plus I love that its American made.
    Thanks for the kind words! XL version is coming sooner than later... (hint hint)

Quote Originally Posted by pthomas View Post
    Hope I didn't miss this somewhere, but what design are you using for the hinges to the windoors and rear door? Do they shed water? Concept is looking good. Glad something new is coming to the market!
    We are using a continuous weather sealed hinge along the length of it. They do shed water.

I am confused on how you get into the bed/sleeping area portion. Do you climb in from the tailgate? I see there are the removable floor panels to access the truck bed from the sleeping area but it doesn't look like you can easily get there outside the truck without crawling through the down tailgate. It definitely looks like a cool product, I am just trying to figure out how to get inside it.

Quote Originally Posted by al_burpe View Post
    I am confused on how you get into the bed/sleeping area portion. Do you climb in from the tailgate? I see there are the removable floor panels to access the truck bed from the sleeping area but it doesn't look like you can easily get there outside the truck without crawling through the down tailgate. It definitely looks like a cool product, I am just trying to figure out how to get inside it.
    Jump in the bed of the truck and then up into the platform sleeping area from inside.
    2011 Tacoma DCSB
    1990 RRC

You remove a floor panel or as many floor panels as you’d like and get in from the bed.
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 Flippac Build
    My Build

I totally see what you mean, and why that isn't clear. This picture will help...

We didn't have the gas struts to lift the hatch before going to baja, literally finished it working on christmas eve, and my business partner Wiley left Christmas day. All the panels will have lifting struts soon of course. It was simply a time crunch, though the deadline was entirely self imposed.

Quote Originally Posted by gmacmt View Post
    Got some photos back from our photog in Baja, will have some inside shots soon and will do a walkaround video once the truck is back from Mexico. Its basically a tube frame with exterior panels, so the downstairs look about the same as the renders on our site. The frame still allows an action packer sized object to fit comfortably through the bracing.

The wind can howl down there. How was the "flap factor"?
    2007 Dodge 2500 Regcab 4wd 5.9 CTD. G-56 , TC800 Northstar popup 24/7. Suspension mutt. Kore,Thuren & Carli. Anarchy EFI Live.

Will connections and space be designed in for a third tail/brake light?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast