Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gunnison County Road #3, Crystal Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Brown View Post
    You are doing no one a favor by down playing the danger of the trails in this discussion. Not sure of the exact number, but I believe 19 people have died running between Chrystal and Crested Butte. That is dangerous in anyone’s book!
    Most info I know of says 17, and 9 of them were in one accident in 1970, so the numbers are a bit skewed.

My advice when running a long section of shelf road like that is to have the most capable rig/most experienced driver go first while the rest of the group waits behind. As the leader gets to wide spots where it's possible to pass, they radio back to the rest of the group to move to their position. The leader then goes ahead again and this continues until you're off the shelf road.
    95 ZJ on 35's 15 JKU Rubicon (stock, for now) M416 with RTT

That's not a bad idea. And if you are in a drone-friendly area, it wouldn't hurt to send the bird down first, you'll want the footage anyway. If the coast is clear, send the first rig down and do what you just said.

It would save everyone a lot of stress.

Good idea on the drone. I don't have one, as the last thing I need is another expensive hobby, but do wheel with a couple guys who have them.
    95 ZJ on 35's 15 JKU Rubicon (stock, for now) M416 with RTT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12