NISMO Shock Question

thallibu

Rookie question,
I have 2007 Nismo that needs rear shock replacement, I am looking for suggestions for a stiffer setup that would not sag in the rear as much. I have a camper shell with basket, bike racks, etc on it so it weighs quite a bit. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreicated

E.J.

Explorer
Shocks provide damping, the springs hold things up.

Your rear leaf springs are probably flattened. A replacement spring pack would be your best long term solution, Old Man Emu leaf springs will set you back around $500. You could try an add-a-leaf to get some arch back into your current springs but they will probably flatten back out over time but they are much less expensive than total replacements. PRG's two leaf spring pack is probably the longer lasting add-a-leaf solution, single leaf add-a-leafs run about half the cost. With either option also factor in the cost of replacement u-bolts, they should be replaced any time they are removed.

Which ever way you go you've a buddy in the area with a big garage who's swapped around rear leaves in a Frontier a couple of times :smiley_drive:

Trikebubble

Adventurer
OME Dakar leaf pack. I put a similar style on my old Xterra (the Ironman HD leaf pack - don;t know if they are still available), and I've just installed the OME Dakar leaf packs on my Tundra. The OME leaf packs are great, super stout. I also added Firestone airbags to help out with the added weight of our (in production) Four Wheel Camper.

SnowedIn

Observer
OME Dakar leaf pack. I put a similar style on my old Xterra (the Ironman HD leaf pack - don;t know if they are still available), and I've just installed the OME Dakar leaf packs on my Tundra. The OME leaf packs are great, super stout. I also added Firestone airbags to help out with the added weight of our (in production) Four Wheel Camper.

+1 on those. I have had zero sagging issues since I put in a Dakar leaf pack. At most, I end up leveled out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles