Looking for a locker

nckwltn

Explorer
make sure you pull the airpump from an SR, and other hoses and fittings from underneath.... the air pump is in the cubby hole under the rear seats on the passenger side.

SD_Montero

Observer
I thought the 94-96 LS was the same 4.63 gears as the SR, are they not?
Plh said "The '94 and later SRs had 3.5l engines and 9.5" rear ring gears, they don't interchange unless the entire wheel to wheel housing assembly is swapped."

I'll have to just see for myself in the various junkyards tho. Or just go to 4.88 😁

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

SD_Montero

Observer
Plh said "The '94 and later SRs had 3.5l engines and 9.5" rear ring gears, they don't interchange unless the entire wheel to wheel housing assembly is swapped."

I'll have to just see for myself in the various junkyards tho. Or just go to 4.88 😁

Lol I gotta correct myself. He never said 4.88 I read it wrong lol. My bad. Just bigger ring gears lol

Deshet

Adventurer
Chinese copy is different than reverse engineering.

Help me understand what you mean.

Honestly, everything is made in China or some part of Asia. It is my understanding that the China 4x4 site is selling the exact ARB part. It appears that they make a copy for much cheaper with the same results as the original.

ARB does have plants in Thailand. Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Ford, GM, and Chrysler all have OEM parts coming from China and other parts of Asia.

It is also my understanding that US companies don't own the plants in China to get around the US labor laws. (Not sure if Australia has similar laws) They basically contract to buy goods built to certain requirements. This is how some knocks off are born, they basically sell the goods to anyone or sell them direct without the permission of the orginial company. (Nike, Beats, Cisco, Samsung, Apple)

Thanks,

plh

Explorer
Yea, I do this for a living, not the "Chinese copy" thing, but make stuff for cars, OEM, globally. I spend at least 3 months a year in and out of various countries in Asia over the past 20 years and even lived there working in this capacity for a portion of it a few years back.

What I meant is, it is most times difficult to verify a Chinese Engineered locker (famous 3 letter brand for instance) from a Chinese Copy looking similar to the real Coke, but not made from the same materials and tolerances as the real Coke & coming from somebodies uncles manufacturing facility in the next city down the road.

Happens every day.

SD_Montero

Observer
Bump. Now I'm thinking about finding an auto locker for the rear as all the junkyards around me a devoid of gen 2 SR (SAN DIEGO). I can find an auto locker for the front but can't find anything for the rear. Does anyone have a link or model for something that would work for the rear? 96 ls 3.0 engine Gracia's.

Earlron

I have a 4.875 complete rear axle with locker, pump, switch and harness. And the matching 4.875 front complete axle assembly. All parts are already removed and for sale. If you're interested make a solid offer. I'm in North San Diego.

SD_Montero

Observer
I have a 4.875 complete rear axle with locker, pump, switch and harness. And the matching 4.875 front complete axle assembly. All parts are already removed and for sale. If you're interested make a solid offer. I'm in North San Diego.
Very possibly. I'm not sure what a serious offer would be. I'll pm you

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader

If these are out of an early SR I recall something about the later drive shaft flanges not mating up, I could be mistaken but that was the reply I received when I asked about the earlier axles mating up under my 98.

SD_Montero

Observer
Having a hard time finding one still lol. Any thoughts on putting an automatic Lokka locker in the front? I have manual hubs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz