GMC Savana 2500 Build Thread

Traveling_Strong

I decided to take one of my old work vans and convert it into an Adventure/Moto van. My goal is to make it capable of long weekends in the desert for as cheap as possible. I will post pics and info as the build progresses.
IMG_0005.jpg

Traveling_Strong

We just finished up the lift this morning. I ended up going with 4" lift spindles in front from from Overland Vans. In the back we added 2.5" blocks to level it out. Next week she will get new wheels and tires as well as some new shocks.

IMG_0037.jpg

Red1

HERO
I decided to take one of my old work vans
and convert it into an Adventure / Moto van .

My goal is to make it capable of long weekends in the desert for as cheap as possible .

I will post pics and info as the build progresses .

View attachment 422739

Our nephew Drew converted his 3/4 ton van to haul his dirt bikes ~ however he will still tow his toy box when more room is needed . . .

Traveling_Strong

The old girl got some new boots this morning. I ended up going with some cheap steel wheels with a +12 offset. The tires are 265/70 R17 Falken Wildpeaks. The size is almost 32". There is a little rubbing, but I think a little fender trimming will take care of that. The next order of business is paint. I can't decide between black or gray. WHEELS1.jpgWHEELS2.jpgWHEELS3.jpg

Traveling_Strong

I think I'm gonna go with gray. The roof rack & ladders will be black. I found a guy in Calexico that has roof racks, ladders and swing-out spare tire mounts for pretty cheap.

mykdee

Adventurer
I think I'm gonna go with gray. The roof rack & ladders will be black. I found a guy in Calexico that has roof racks, ladders and swing-out spare tire mounts for pretty cheap.

Pretty cheap? What prices are you being quoted and contact info would be awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles