ALASKAN camper in our M923/A2 Army Truck

CPDOG

Hello to All

We just finished our install of a completely overhauled Alaskan camper, the installation and subsequent load out of it.
In a nut shell, it’s a 1965 Alaskan hydraulicallyraised/lower type camper.
It comes with solar and all the way down to a Keurig coffee machine too.
We separated the 2 halves and then gutted everything andstarted from scratch. All the locker doors and cabinets are handmade. The picswill give you an idea….
I built custom braces to straddle the lower side of thecamper to support the modified jacks to safely carry the load while loading/unloadingit. To give you an idea of how sturdy the lifting fixture is, the camper in themidair pics weighs in at just over a ton and there is no bowing in those jackarms. Again safety was a big priority and I built around that premise.
We had to also custom build 4 clamps that bolt into thebed of the truck for holding the camper in place (we tested these extensivelyback in the mountains and it doesn’t move at all).
On each side of the camper in the front wings are 2 8dbatteries that weigh in at 165lbs each, so we got plenty of power to go around.
And for all the dog lovers out there, we got 3 dog doorsto allow our 2 friends to transit anywhere they want during the trip.
During the parade/show season we remove the camper andshow it in her original configuration.
The steps are from Torklift and are they a awesome addition (especially getting the dogs in/out.)

My wife does the body and paint, so she gave the camper a matching paint job to the truck (it was originally pure white)
And of special closing note, we even put in a 16’flagpole!

GETTIN FAMOUS (11).jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (23).jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (7).jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (15).jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (21).jpgIMG_20161113_135754.jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (5).jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (1).jpg

ripperj

Explorer
Spam reported
Nice build, I went thru a similar process on my 8’ cabover.
Do you have any better pics of the jacks mounts and camper/truck clamps? I’m planning on building a new bed next spring and will make a better jack/tiedown system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CPDOG

ripperj

I just got my computer back on line....
I will send you the pics of the jack mods, superstructure support and the tie downs as soon as I get thru the new windows 10 not allowing us to resize pics for uploading to the net.....

you gotta love the Alaskans....great use of space and very practical!

CPDOG

ripperj

here are some pics for you concerning the mounts, i will post more pics of the actual jack mod soon. the mounts themselves were custom built, i started with another rectangle tube that was slightly larger and fitted it up and welded on the side to allow bolts to pass thru. it is a real pain and very time consuming. a lot of small welds and lots of fitting up. but very sturdy and she doesn't move at all. i will qalso add picxs concerning the stops i put at the front of the camper too, this allows me to back up until i make contact with the camper and at this point i simply lower the jacks down.
IMG_0065.jpgIMG_0066.jpgIMG_20170917_102319.jpgIMG_20170917_102345.jpgIMG_20170917_102409.jpgIMG_4977.jpgIMG_0065.jpgIMG_0066.jpgIMG_20170917_102319.jpgIMG_20170917_102345.jpgIMG_20170917_102409.jpgIMG_4977.jpg

ripperj

Explorer
Thanks for the pics. I like the idea of the cross piece that goes underneath. If I end up with a flatbed I’m going to do something similar, I like the extra width that your method brings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz