Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so with the FCIIs gone, whats the new hotness for A/T with epic winter performance?

Default so with the FCIIs gone, whats the new hotness for A/T with epic winter performance?

As most know, the Dick Cepek FCII were AWESOME in the winter. I have GY duratracs on my mega now since the FCIIs were discontinued when I put new tires on in 2013. Having ran both on the same truck I can say with out a doubt, my old FCII would walk all over my duratracs in snow/ice.

So as per the title, is there any A/T that works as well in the winter as the FCII did?

Although I dont have a full size, I am extremely happy with my Cooper S/T Maxx's.
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee: SOLD
    The Build: http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...expedition%27s

2016 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4:
    Rear axle breather, and more to come!!
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...venture-thread!

Those are on a short list, I've read a couple places of people that ran both and noted the maxx was not as good as the FCII on packed snow/ice. Haven't been able to find and real use info on the new fun countries either. The new falken at3w are also on my list. I'm most likely going to put a set of those on the wifes 07 yukon once I figure out why here brakes periodic lock up and wont release unless you let it sit all day. I'm thinking bad ABS module.

I really like my Hankook ATMís in winter conditions. Iíve had then for years in Northeastern MA and canít remember ever losing traction or getting stuck.

The Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws are mountain snowflake rated. I just had mine put on and they've done great in the wet and on the beach, but I haven't had a chance to try them out in the snow as of yet. Great tire though so far and a 55k mile warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by TriBeard View Post
    The Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws are mountain snowflake rated. I just had mine put on and they've done great in the wet and on the beach, but I haven't had a chance to try them out in the snow as of yet. Great tire though so far and a 55k mile warranty.
    I got a set of these not to long ago. The do better on wet streets and wet grass then my Super Swampers did. They ride great.
    2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 34X10.5 ARB front and rear, winch, belly up and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
    I got a set of these not to long ago. The do better on wet streets and wet grass then my Super Swampers did. They ride great.
    Yeah, they've been an upgrade in every way to my cooper at3s. Maybe slightly more road noise, but even that's debatable.

Yeah, they've been an upgrade in every way to my cooper at3s. Maybe slightly more road noise, but even that's debatable.
    I had Super Swampers before so for me they are much quieter for me. I did pick up about 3mpg.
    2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 34X10.5 ARB front and rear, winch, belly up and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kayadog View Post
    I really like my Hankook ATM’s in winter conditions. I’ve had then for years in Northeastern MA and can’t remember ever losing traction or getting stuck.
    I like mine in snow as well. They have really deep siping that does well on cold packed snow and ice.

The only thing they're pretty bad at is deeper wet/slushy snow on any sort of incline. I've ended up in a few ditches on logging roads that way. It might even be a matter of the wet snow cleaning out too easily and not packing into the treads.

I ran mine in 6" of new snow on top of hard-pack a few weeks ago up in Eldorado National Forest, and they did really well. So far I've only got good things to say about the AT3Ws, I'm really impressed.
    Mike!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast