Genesis G-Screen Mounting Location in JKU

ShawnB

Nomad
Greetings-

Looking for suggestions/pics of a place to mount a G-Screen in my 2016 JKU.

I know sPOD has a mount, but I'm not ready for a sPOD just yet so looking for other options.

Thanks for any/all input!

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
IMG_4150.jpg

I put mine between the shifter and the small tray. Sorry for the quality of the pic.

ShawnB

Nomad
I put mine between the shifter and the small tray. Sorry for the quality of the pic.

Nice I hadn't even thought of that. I assume you just cut a square hole, do you recall the size of the cut? My G-Screen is in the mail so I don't have it to look at yet, just trying to plan ahead.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Nice I hadn't even thought of that. I assume you just cut a square hole, do you recall the size of the cut? My G-Screen is in the mail so I don't have it to look at yet, just trying to plan ahead.

I don't recall but it's easy to do because it actually comes with a sticker you apply in the area, then score it with an exacto knife.

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
You can also mount it in the plastic cover for your A-pillar. I bought the A-pillar switch panel to add switches for lights, but mounted the G-Screen above that cut out for the switches so it may actually fit in the stock cover. Keeps it at eye level and I can see when a battery is low without getting in the jeep when the G-screen turns red. I can take pictures if you need them.

MattJ

Adventurer
I did the A-pillar, with advice from Shane at Genesis (a GREAT guy). He suggested that this location allows me to walk by the Jeep and check the battery levels easily from outside the vehicle. Perfect for when I am camping with my fridge and external stereo speakers running off the deep-cycle battery. Here are photos of the install that include a few of the G-Screen location. Hope this helps!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuACtRAQNfF_go97U_DjavqBwEyoVQ

ShawnB

Nomad
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I really like the idea of being able to do a walk by and check the status

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
The A-pillar is probably the best location for many reasons, but I opted to put it elsewhere because I knew I was going to install the Offroad Evolution sport cage. It replaces the plastics with molded chromoly that covers up the location.

Eagle05

Adventurer
Not sure if you're still undecided as it's been a few weeks, but here is where I put mine. I like it because the steering wheel blocks the light at night.

IMG_7871.jpg

ShawnB

Nomad
I ended up going with the A pillar for the sole reason of being able to do a walk by and glance inside. I don't really love how it looks though. I'll likely move it to an sPOD eventually.

MattJ

Adventurer
I was camping with my Jeep this week and realized that the A-pillar location is particularly helpful for me. The windows of the Jeep had iced over and I could only open the driver side door 18 inches since the water can mounted on the front fender was in the horizontal-for-dispensing position. But I could still glance inside and check the battery levels.

y4mzrZ9b8m9NEgk-rqInoSe4OP-gzigMdTJ1C-WaMnsMENpT3vm6pIAXne8jfAm4okMBkXSmcecUsClOO_eCcPyqUSYSGt0yxn3W0vLu_3eaqyMn5eVmvpsM301Cf23sNFy3M0fRu-ReFKq7DGj9F4dd4IYth3Q9kXTZ-r9_gUO3akbLZlV10O0PK3tvQxIOZ7p6Kr-utmP70dkuyAthbHgpg

y4mXBX7Uh_oJeQou0CdD_mWQEjpHqXh7lVJK6zhlWaz7GZ4c-yKQ0J493RxIP8VroY6_lHMQPhrWHkiaG1JtljgcvA7ofHVZb63pd2m8TFANoawl9klAnWpgnN82xZWsrLzjO_a-Bc9oTH0qxrTWi4C-gQOi9K2A4KIIsPs4E33jotCRnhEIeMWO-BsMakQt7TXnUmZbOmKgSVSm2d4zB-wcw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier