Reverse lights for rear bumper

curious... how long have you had these installed @acg ? I have a set of cheap floods for ditch lights and they have water behind the lenses after only a few months. I'm going to be swapping them out for something from a more reputable manufacturer. I am however, wanting to add flush mounts like what you have installed to the rear bumper and wonder how the low cost options are holding up.

Thanks

robert

Expedition Leader
I've got one of the inexpensive flush mount floods in my bumper; the right side is damaged and I can't put one in there- doh! :oops:

Two things I'd highly recommend- if you have a reverse camera be sure to look at the LED temp. The more bluish light washes out in my Pioneer camera so I wish I had a warmer color, down around 42-4300 would be better. Second, when you get the lights, pull them apart and if they don't have a decent seal in them then run a thin bead of silicon, RTV or some sort of sealant around the glass or they will fog and end up near worthless.

Betarocker

Adventurer
EnHNc3m.jpg

3tMpNst.jpg

drl_w_1.jpg

I used 4 of these. Had some 1/8" thick aluminum angle left over from some curtain wall glazing which I cut and drilled. Painted black, installed lights, and wired together and added a length of 2 conductor to tap into the factory reverse wiring.

MOguy

Explorer
curious... how long have you had these installed @acg ? I have a set of cheap floods for ditch lights and they have water behind the lenses after only a few months. I'm going to be swapping them out for something from a more reputable manufacturer. I am however, wanting to add flush mounts like what you have installed to the rear bumper and wonder how the low cost options are holding up.

Thanks

I got my son a set of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EAN9DUU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 he did this and they still work. I also have one mounted on the front of my Jeep and one on the back. In the past I have always be let down by cheap lights and have only run KCs for the last ten years but theses cheap lights can take a hit.
wreckeda.jpg

Attachments

• wrecked.jpg
    wrecked.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
I just have cheap Amazon flush mount pods in my rear bumper and for what they are I'm fairly happy, I choose a flood pattern for mine. As we speak the only thing that concerns me like every cheap led is the build quality and life to them, so far they haven't had moisture inside and I even dunked them into deeper water a couple times but I guess we'll see how they hold up over time
23600731_1181972911934996_1704067463_o.jpg
22467488_1162948763837411_6389844304883224205_o.jpg
These are the ones I bought https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01K9FOJYI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
When they do eventually give out(not much faith for the price I paid) I'll get some nicer Kodiak LED Flush mount pods
20768167_668597130011559_2696770346060221441_n.jpg

Ngneer

Observer
Give some info on this setup man, NICE numbers etc of the individual lights very nice out of the way and simple. Looked on the website didn't c anything resembling what u have. Thanks

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Give some info on this setup man, NICE numbers etc of the individual lights very nice out of the way and simple. Looked on the website didn't c anything resembling what u have. Thanks

Directed towards me? Looks like the amazon link I posted no longer sells the lights I had bought. So far mine are still holding up but next month I am replacing them for the nicer Kodiak flush mounts

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Update...one of the rear pods stopped working last night, started with 2 of the bulbs not working and now the whole pod...pay for what you get

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I was gonna add an aux reverse light, then decided to keep it simple and just get some nice bright LED bulbs for the factory reverse lights.

JersT4R

I was gonna add an aux reverse light, then decided to keep it simple and just get some nice bright LED bulbs for the factory reverse lights.

I did the same thing, JDM LEDs on Amazon. So far they’ve been great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hummelator

Adventurer
IMG_3421.jpg
18 watt led Chinese lights from eBAy. I went with a flood/spot combo
Would like to have flush mounted them but didn't have a good spot and didn't want to cut into the bumper.
So far I have them wired into a switch in the dash on a curcuit that stays live when the vehicle is off.
I paid less than $30 for the pair and couldn't be happier. They throw off tons of light.
The plan is to tap into the reverse lights wire and have it trigger the relay but I'll have to wait until we come out of the deep freeze to get it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke