Reverse lights for rear bumper

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Hey guys, I am in the process of putting together a reverse light kit for my 2016 frontier. I am sick of not being able to see out the back when reversing. I want to pick up two flush mount lights to put in the bumper - but I'm curious if you guys recommend going with a fog light or diffused light lens for this? I was also wondering if you guys have any recommended lights for the job? I would love to pick up some ridged or baja lights but with a 6month old at home, those companies are not in the budget. Any insight would be much appreciated.

hemifoot

Observer
i use 6 light rio rand cube lights mounted into the bumper that i bought off amazon for around 50 bucks and they still work fine after 3 years.they are floods wired directly to the reverse /tail lights.,and i mounted pendant style,a couple 8 light spot lights under the bumper wired to a switch.those work really well for getting someone to back the hell off.or a quick flash to the guy behind you to turn on his damn headlights before he kills someone.but their original purpose was for backing into a campsite in the middle of the night.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Hey guys, I am in the process of putting together a reverse light kit for my 2016 frontier. I am sick of not being able to see out the back when reversing. I want to pick up two flush mount lights to put in the bumper - but I'm curious if you guys recommend going with a fog light or diffused light lens for this? I was also wondering if you guys have any recommended lights for the job? I would love to pick up some ridged or baja lights but with a 6month old at home, those companies are not in the budget. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Go on ebay and type in "bumper square LED" or "bumper flush LED" and choose the size and price that suits you, there are tons of threads on here discussing it with pictures.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Go on ebay and type in "bumper square LED" or "bumper flush LED" and choose the size and price that suits you, there are tons of threads on here discussing it with pictures.

I understand there are many choices out there - and just as many opinions. I'm more curious on what spread patter people recommend for a reverse light.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I prefer floods if I'm only going to have one beam pattern. Fogs have a cutoff that prevents you from seeing tree branches and maybe some pedestrians. I sort of optimized one truck with a pair of halogen floods alongside another pair of halogen Euro projector low beams. The halogens are Hella and work very well for my purposes. The other truck has Ridgid rectangular LED floods, but I prefer the halogens.

MOguy

Explorer
I would recommend foods also. I would also recommend putting them on a separate switch. There have been many times I have liked having in light in back while not going in reverse.

XJINTX

Explorer
I know this may be a bit "Ghetto" for most on here but... I keep one of these in my truck and my Jeep. The Jeep already has flood LED reverse lights added. However as someone mentioned I do not have it switched for when needed :(
These inexpensive lights work well for me when I just need light to hookup any of my trailers in the dark. Does not bother others in campsite either. They work as reverse lights but also can be turned on like a flashlight.

You may want to to pick one up until you decide or can complete an install.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blazer-C...75035&wl11=online&wl12=15111216&wl13=&veh=sem

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Floods it is! Thanks for all the tips guys - and yes I will be building this system with a in cab switch so I can turn them on and off whenever!

comptiger5000

Adventurer
On my Jeep I've got a pair of the flush mount Hella valuefit flood lights sunk into the rear bumper. They're triggered off the stock reverse lights with a delay relay (1/2 second delay, just enough to prevent a bright flash when shifting through reverse).

96Green

I'm running LED cubes on my rear bumper, and a rear facing LED spot on the hatch, for aux reverse lights. I also have a switch in the cab that triggers the reverse lights manually.

8xzys96h.jpg

SoaGqlKh.jpg

I went with a spot pattern; That said, these light up a huge area behind the truck, and are great for reversing at night, or as work lights.

martin.cybelius

I would use these, they are nice and bright and inexpensive, I bought mine for 22 bucks roughly. My lights are auxiliary lights for the boat for when coming of the lake at night. One for the front and one for the rear just waiting for the 6 rocker switch panel to come in. They are 12V 18 watts LED lights and you should get about 9 hours of runtime on marine battery. Output is about 1800 lumins. Hope this helps.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles