2006 Jeep LJR Safari/expedition build

Grenadiers

Adventurer
It's a Rubicon Express, not sure if they make it any longer my Jeep was 'built' in the early 2000's. I like it, not a fan of the bulky Hanson bumpers you see today. I flat-tow the Jeep and the 'special' Blue-ox towing adapters (7/8" rod) fit perfectly in the 'D' ring holder.

LJRubiReal

TheRealDeal124
15231102569738998221698003938567.jpg Howdy all! Figured Id update this. So far Ive installed a new Hawse fairlead along with factor 55 flat link. Getting new wheels and tires installed next weekend. Going with a BFG KO2 in the 285/75R16 size. Itll be rolling on Quadratecs Rubicon Xtreme wheel finished in gunmetal gray.

LJRubiReal

TheRealDeal124
Also got the ARB Dual air compressor installed using the MORE mount. Scored a set of half doors thatll need to be painted soon, also scored a set of Khaki soft top windows. Thosell be going on when my black ones wear out. Also got ARBs full recovery kit thatll be going with me on trips. Roof rack will be here in a few weeks as well. Opting to go with the ARB Swag tent over the RTT. On the roof rack will go my brand new Hi lift Jack along with shovel and axe. Not sure what brands to get with shovels and axes so im open to recommendations. Thanks for reading!

Also got the ARB Dual air compressor installed using the MORE mount. Scored a set of half doors thatll need to be painted soon, also scored a set of Khaki soft top windows. Thosell be going on when my black ones wear out. Also got ARBs full recovery kit thatll be going with me on trips. Roof rack will be here in a few weeks as well. Opting to go with the ARB Swag tent over the RTT. On the roof rack will go my brand new Hi lift Jack along with shovel and axe. Not sure what brands to get with shovels and axes so im open to recommendations. Thanks for reading!
Defintely putting your rig together the right way! Those 285's are the perfect size for the TJ and TJU. Looking forward to seeing what howbthat rack looks mounted up with everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

LJRubiReal

TheRealDeal124
Only thing is im not sure how my Intensity LEDs would look with halogen ipfs on the roof rack. Thanks man! Spent the last 2 years saving and researching. I dont think most trails Ill be running will require anything other than an aired down 33" KO2

Only thing is im not sure how my Intensity LEDs would look with halogen ipfs on the roof rack. Thanks man! Spent the last 2 years saving and researching. I dont think most trails Ill be running will require anything other than an aired down 33" KO2
Even if those trails do normally require something bigger, just make sure you have decent skids/sliders and you should be able to slide, winch and manuever around/up the most difficult obstacles and keep on Jeepin!

In the very least invest in some Currie lower control arm skids for the front and beef up the fuel tank skid. A good bash on the stock fuel tank skid plate will snap the top of the fuel pump, which is the Achilles heel of the TJ. Ask ne how I know...

I think the lights will be just fine with others but from what have seen, just the ARB's alone you should be good to go for most if not every situation of darkeness.

Nevermind about the fuel tank skid, forgot you had the GenRight extended tank. I have the same one, only their 24.5 gal version for the regular TJ. That extra 5 gallons is sweet, especially for my heavy foot and 4.7L Baja Stroker, lol! Lucky you with an extra 12'ish!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles