SOLD - 2016 JKU Backcountry w/UM J30 Manta Goose-Gear - Alabama

Eagle05

Adventurer
Out of town for the holidays, and the Goat is sitting at home all alone.
So how about a bump so we can link up when I get back.

Eagle05

Adventurer
As spring approaches, my urge to pull the top and doors for some nice weather cruising keeps getting stronger.
That's probably partially due to all the folks that have asked me to sell just the top.

But, as I get asked fairly frequently, yes, the Jeep is still for sale.

Eagle05

Adventurer
i love this jeep, and saw this posting when you first put it up. i'm curious how this handles compared to a stock JKU (i.e., without the ursa minor). do you feel the roof at all? i've got a big hardshell RTT on my 4runner, and i can definitely feel the weight and it changes the driving dynamics a bit more than i like. upgrading to a JKU with Ursa Minor is on my wish list - just wish I can test drive one too.

best of luck on the sale.. i'm sure whoever ends up with this jeep will be super happy.

I think the AEV lift handles the extra weight really well. It felt a bit stiff initially, but once the top went on it is better than from the factory. It's never felt top heavy, and you really just forget it is there.

Last edited:

4x4reedom

If you were closer to SoCal, I would honestly be very interested as I could sell my '14 JKU in a heartbeat and would buy yours seeing that the J30 and Goosegear system are two must-haves for me on the wishlist.

I just don't think I can get myself over the logistics of buying something on the far side of the country without seeing it... I'll sleep on it :)

Eagle05

Adventurer
If you were closer to SoCal, I would honestly be very interested as I could sell my '14 JKU in a heartbeat and would buy yours seeing that the J30 and Goosegear system are two must-haves for me on the wishlist.

I just don't think I can get myself over the logistics of buying something on the far side of the country without seeing it... I'll sleep on it :)

I completely get that. I bought a car online, had it shipped and was nervous the whole process. Another time I was overseas and had a trusted friend look at a truck for me and then put down a deposit before shipping it to my parents. Definitely never an ideal situation. My wife and I say all the time it would sell much easier out west. She’s out working in the PNW and I regularly think about moving it up there. Though she’d have to field inquiries and probably wouldn’t want to do that as it’s been my project that she simply enjoys the fruits of.

If you ever want some more info, or feel the need to visit the southeast and plan a road trip, let me know.

Eagle05

Adventurer
MaxTrax Roof Mount

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 20.38.46.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles