Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mastodon motors?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Cordes View Post
    Hey everyone, just an update. Expedition Portal broke ties with Mastodon last month and removed them from our partners section. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention, and we're truly sorry that so many people have been taken advantage of. We try our best to only work with quality companies with proven track records, but occasionally one will surprise us. I hope that everyone caught up in this mess can be made whole through the bankruptcy process, or at least be compensated for some portion of what they've lost. Please let us know if we can do anything to help.
    Thanks for the clarification. As a listed creditor, I did call their bankruptcy lawyer to ask some questions and got a phone call back. Being that they are filing chapter 7, no one should expect to get any type of monetary reimbursement. He did however tell me that the titles to any vehicles that had money put toward them were not going to be claimed as property of Mastodon. I'm guessing at some point I'll receive the title to this $20k parts car I received. I guess we all live and learn. Sorry if I sound jaded and brash..

Daurie

I don't have any first hand knowledge but on the + side you obtained something out of them, not saying your value is 100% there but I'm sure others walked away with much much less. Having been in buisness before I understand the ups and downs of buisness but honestly in this economy there was obviously some questionable actions and things going on..

So lets move on. What is your end goal? I see some nice wheels What can we do to help you out?

-David

Yes, it is important for everyone to know that we have no association with Mastodon. They engaged with an advertising package and as soon as we were made aware of the wrongdoings, we removed them from the site.

This is an unfortunate situation that affects many, including us. We had our G320 painted by Mastodon and now have no warranty support. The hood and headlight surrounds needed to be repainted due to discoloration and we had to pay a local shop to do it...

We appreciate everyone's input and in particular the forum members that advised us of the situation and provided sufficient evidence of the wrongdoings.

Onward...
    Scott Brady
    Instagram - @globaloverland

Overland Journal
    G-Wagen | Defender 110 | Land Cruiser BJ74 | Moto Guzzi V7

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Brady View Post
    We appreciate everyone's input and in particular the forum members that advised us of the situation and provided sufficient evidence of the wrongdoings.

Onward...
    Scott, As the member who advised your management team member about the problems with Mastodon, I have to say that the whole advisement process would have been a whole lot easier if you had some way to contact the EP management team listed somewhere on the forum. As it worked out in this situation, I was first contacted by one of your team to tell me he was not happy with one of my posts in another EP forum. But for his contacting me first, it had been impossible to advise your team about Mastodon. I know this because I tried more than once to find contact information prior to being contacted by Chris.

Glad you finally took out the trash!

DUTCH

Quote Originally Posted by DUTCH View Post
    Scott, As the member who advised your management team member about the problems with Mastodon, I have to say that the whole advisement process would have been a whole lot easier if you had some way to contact the EP management team listed somewhere on the forum. As it worked out in this situation, I was first contacted by one of your team to tell me he was not happy with one of my posts in another EP forum. But for his contacting me first, it had been impossible to advise your team about Mastodon. I know this because I tried more than once to find contact information prior to being contacted by Chris.

Glad you finally took out the trash!

DUTCH
    We will look into this. Maybe a way to provide contact details to members that is not visible to the public (and spambots)

Again, we sincerely appreciate your advisement on this situation.
    Scott Brady
    Instagram - @globaloverland

Overland Journal
    G-Wagen | Defender 110 | Land Cruiser BJ74 | Moto Guzzi V7

Wow so sorry to hear this
    I'm a local to golden and know where they were storing their stuff after moving
    I will try and go there to see if by chance anything is laying around their yard
    Not sure that can help but I feel so bad for you
    I bought several sets of tires from him for my old land cruiser

Golden and is wife are now in Alabama running a repair shop called Golden Garage.

Quote Originally Posted by DUTCH View Post
    The owners of Mastodon Motors, Tim Golden and his wife, have filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection in Alabama. See here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63a341tf8t...38787.pdf?dl=0

I hope not too many folks have lost their deposits because of this.

He is now doing business as Golden Garage in Alabama, which is a long way from all of his creditors in Colorado. Caveat Emptor!!
    Dude is renting a nice house on the lake, he has money coming in, no doubt all the old customers will get the shaft.
    Thread derailer extraordinaire

Well, a hooker would get the joke.

Well that's a shame when people get burnt like that, maybe they can leave some helpful information on the Google reviews of the new business to try and warn the next crop?

Drove there tonight and nothing left at all
    Can't post a picture but it was empty
    I have his cell number as well and sent him a text and he never responded

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123