Mercedes 1926 cab comversion

m_reuter

Hi all!

It's my first time posting here, but have been a while since I started reading this forum.

I've a question; I've the opportunity of buying a Mercedes Benz 1926 4x4 truck from 1980, with just 22.000km and everything new. The truck is amazing, but the problem is that it has 2 seats, and I need a crew cab. Is it possible to do the conversion from single to crew cab? Is it really expensive?

Thank you all for everything!

Marcel
bab69518c97f63a805a50d0ce4b05c05.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
There are many chassis modification shops across Europe that will do this for you. The Mercedes trucks of that Era are essentially modular and it will not be complicated procedure. Your life will be much easier if you can find a crewcab from the same era in a scrapyard so that you can get all of the pieces you need including cab support brackets, tilt-hydraulics, etc. I do not know the regulations in Andorra but I know that France is very restrictive about what you can and can't do to a heavy vehicle. In the UK, as long as you don't modify the chassis, you normally don't need to retest the vehicle.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
That seems like it would be a huge project. And the 19-ton frame is probably way more than you would ever get close to using (although the 240 hp is great). I don't know how hard importing into Andorra is, but there are many DOKA (dreifachkabine) firetrucks for sale in German with that low of KMs, and in great condition for around 10,000 €. I would think it would cost less to buy a DOKA, that just the conversion costs on that truck. You would need at least a new cab, mounts in back, cab lifting ram and its mounts.
That being said, if you would like any photos of how the DOKA cabs are mounted (mine is a 1017AF), PM me via this board with an email address and I will send them to you.

Jostt

Adventurer
Hello , I have not idea how dificult is to find a doka cab for this model, But maybe is more easy to find truck whit the right cabine, the wheel base looks like not so long, are You thinking to build one expedition Camper whit it? Whit the cabine as You show on the pic maybe You can fit a 4 meters cabine, nice project

thebigblue

Adventurer
mobile.de holds several 1222 AF ex-firetrucks with extended DOKA-cabs (seats nine pers.) might be an easier job shortening one of those :)

Sitec

Adventurer
Nice truck, and I know why you want it. Hub reduction axles front and rear, splitter gearbox, and a large V8 that sounds good!!! It's what I was looking for. There are some people who buy crew cab trucks and want single cabs, but buy the vehicle because it's low km 4WD.... If that truck is the right money, I'd be buying it and looking for a crew cab to swap over... It's always fun finding the 'right truck'! Good luck! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles