AEV Outpost II Wrangler

Keyne

Adventurer
Looks great. Of course want to see interior, weight and price. More so for the weight... cant imagine that will work.

rubicon91

Explorer
The aev concept Chevy Colorado zr2 looked bad *** also. AEV for the win so far at sema.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rubicon91

Explorer
It doesn't need all of that for a 150k pricetag. All it needs is the name, AEV.

Ok, maybe not 150k. Ill lower my guess to 100k.

Unless I'm missing something.
From what I understand it is a 1 off at the moment that Dave from AEV did. We shall see but this will probably be in the same spot as Jeff's safari cab.

daveh

Adventurer
For that much, i'd expect it to have a Hemi, Dana 60s and all the HD components, and aluminum camper for weight savings. Otherwise, who needs the Land Cruiser 70s or Defender when you can have this?!

Straight up trade for my JKUR?

It does have a Hemi. If you look close you can see the badges. Also has a Dynatrac front axle. Maybe rear also but can't tell from the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattJ

Adventurer
Here's the first thing I thought of when I saw the design. It's almost like AEV wanted it to look IED-proof . . .

y4mYcUfLvaZJqk85DHSKgEB3CrJuCAaQN-vzcJDHA1EroRYKzrhxvYj7UoQcpVBB9KVv_VtoP8XAMRh7L9AlkVvt7BYIHWFG6KFPx70fWsY6iWzYTQtWlNA5OMTy4HMfVtXJAshfiKQjc0M51Y8Ioh9a2PzXvbKNPKP2x59QpCbNsJs2n5xC5pKygHRw28ucNnuCUvqRrDTzBboi_f5qUDaeA

mrblah

Observer
That's a good looking concept! I know it's a Jeep sub-forum, but damn, if only they offered this on a Toyota Tundra...

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Had a buddy go by their booth. They said the jeep was strictly a concept but don't be surprised to see it at EJS. I can honestly see them dumping money into getting this tested and refined now they don't have the brute. We stupidly sold out brute when we thought we wanted to have kids. If they did an aussie style truck that is pure function and reliability we would be in for sure. He was also told the colorado stuff is in the works. My question was (and something he said they didn't answer) according to the press release the concept shows "Multimatic DSSV spool-valve shocks" but later says they are "re-tuned" So either they got their wires crossed from the race development truck press kit or AEV is possibly doing something extra to the MM shocks that come std on the zr2? I wonder if that means they are making them somewhat adjustable so one could add a couple of inches which would totally sell me. After driving a couple of the zr2 I really liked them, the ride was way better than the tacoma and the extra power was nice. Plus the tapered bumpers, factor sliders, decent skids etc but the only thing is you can't go up a couple of inches without sacrificing the shocks. The thing I want the most is that trick little control panel for air/water etc. That is freaking cool.

bdp1978

Adventurer
The aev concept Chevy Colorado zr2 looked bad *** also. AEV for the win so far at sema.

For real....that ZR2 is tight. The Water and Air controls laid into the bedsides..........SUUUHHHHWWWWEEEEETTTTTTT.

Wow

That is probably the best looking jeep build I have ever seen. Going to store to buy lotto tickets now. If they were to put that on a new jl........:victory::drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94