AEV Outpost II Wrangler

AEV

Supporting Sponsor - American Expedition Vehicles
I believe its a pop top.

The top will open at a 45* angle reusing part of the rear door hinges and will have a tent material to encase the camper. In total there will be over 8 feet of headroom!

Good lord - and here I was worried that I was already 100 pounds over the GAWR of my JKU due to the AEV bumpers and skid plates. No WAY that build is 5.700 pounds or less! Would love to see pictures of the interior . . . and the price tag!

One of the reasons we built this was to showcase our new and upcoming high capacity suspension system. This includes a higher capacity spring developed with the overlanding community in mind and also a Bilstein 8100 series shock - Fully adjustable, dual bypass, remote reservoir shock with a larger housing to fit a 60mm piston.

Last edited:

AEV

For that much, i'd expect it to have a Hemi, Dana 60s and all the HD components, and aluminum camper for weight savings. Otherwise, who needs the Land Cruiser 70s or Defender when you can have this?!

Straight up trade for my JKUR?

It has a 5.7L Hemi, High Capacity Springs and shocks, Dynatrac 60 rear and Pro Rock 44 up front. The entire camper is made out of a honeycomb composite material.

toddz69

Explorer
One of the reasons we built this was to showcase our new and upcoming high capacity suspension system. This includes a higher capacity spring developed with the overlanding community in mind and also a Bilstein 8100 series shock - Fully adjustable, dual bypass, remote reservoir shock with a larger housing to fit a 60mm piston.

These, I presume.

Todd Z.

AEV.JPG

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
If there is a market for $700,000 luxury trucks there is a market for this. With a 180* awning and if the roof would support something like a bundutop that would be damn near my perfect setup.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
That is always the problem, these are great looking probably incredibly fun to explore with but who among us can afford a $150,00 or even a $100,000 jeep. NO there has to be a better less expensive way. don t get me wrong the innovation is terrific and I Had a lot of $$$$$$$$ then I would buy one, but for me as wells probably for many of you it is nothing more than a pipe dream.

Lots of people have the money, time will tell if this is how they choose to spend it though.

Mud Dawg

Observer
If there is a market for $700,000 luxury trucks there is a market for this.

A market? Yes. Any meaningful profit? Who knows....

At Expo East I point-blank asked the ER guys why they were limiting themselves to such large trucks. He basically said that's where the margins are and that it is hard to make any real money on small, bespoke campers (certainly not enough to warrant the time, engineering effort and quality target - at least not the way ER goes about it). He said that they basically lost money on each of those JK camper things they did and that, in the end, a rig that size just wasn't worth it to them.

AEV

If there is a market for $700,000 luxury trucks there is a market for this. With a 180* awning and if the roof would support something like a bundutop that would be damn near my perfect setup.

The top will open at a 45* angle and the roof has a built in solar panel. It was on the Outpost II at SEMA however it wasn't visible since the top was not completed to perform the clamshell opening yet.

cruzin2

I am running a JKUR with 5 people (2 adults, 3 kids), a RTT on the jeep, a trailer with a second RTT, gear and supplies. I would definitely be interested in a HD spring upgrade. With my 3.5'' AEV lift set up I have now, I am not into the jounce bumpers often with passengers when offroading more than expected but with full gear loads, I can get into them pretty regularly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles