FOR SALE OR TRADE: Built 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6speed V6 $24,000

loganc08

2009 TRD Offroad
Access cab long bed
V6 6 speed manual
Title in hand
Truck is located in VA but I would be willing to meet halfway for the right vehicle whether that be 2 hours or 10 hours.
$24,000

The truck is in solid condition and I wound't be getting rid of it besides the fact that I want to have a back seat. In order to make the cost more manageable and because I need another vehicle I would love to set up a trade. Vehicles that I would be interested in trading for are...
5th gen 4runner
Honda Pilot or CRV
Tundra with crew max cab
Subaru outback or forester
Volvo XC series
2003-2004 Chevy or GMC double cab 2500HD diesel
Dodge ram 2500HD double cab diesel

Obviously the amount of cash to match value between the above vehicles and the Tacoma varies greatly so I'm open to also putting down money to match if it's something I'm interested in. I'm sure there are others I would be interested in so shoot me a PM and we can go from there. Note that the vehicle needs to have 4WD/AWD.

Armor
Pelfreybilt steel front bumper
Pelfreybilt hi-clearence rear bumper with swingout and table
ATO trans/mid/rear skids
ATO DOM sliders

Lift
OME Nitrocharger sport coilovers with 886 springs
Dakar leafs
OME rear shocks
All Pro U bolt flip kit
I have a pair of Sway-A-Way coilovers that I bought off Tacoma World and rebuilt. They haven’t been installed because I can’t find a place to charge them with nitro
All Pro UCAs

Tires and Wheels
315 75R 16 Falken Wildpeak AT3. Installed at 55,000
Cab mount and wheel well has been properly clearanced – I removed the coilover and cycled through its travel to make sure it clears at full compression.
2” removed from front fenders
American Racing Mojave Teflon Wheels 4.5” backspacing
4.88 gears bought through ECGS with front ARB air locker. Installed around 54,000
Factory rear E-Locker

Misc
Leer 100R cap with windoors and Prinsu Toprack
Prinsu Access rack
Warn VR 10000 with synthetic line and control box relocated into engine bay
ARB high output dual compressor located in engine bay
Clutched replaced at 46,000. Pressure plate was replaced and URD throwout bearing was installed.
Blue Sea Fuse block and circuit breaker
Cobra 75WXST CB
Wet Okole Seat covers
Air intake re-routed into windshield shroud
Sway Bar removed
Rear jump seats replaced with folding platform for my dog
LED interior and backup lights
Exhaust re-route to clear the mid-skid

Condition
- Paint is mainly in good shape but there are some rock chips on both doors and a couple scratches to metal on the roof.
- Frame is in good shape. Only light surface rust and nothing cancerous. I had it inspected at the Toyota Dealership and there were no problems to report.
- Engine has zero problems and oil always replaced with Mobil 1 synthetic
- Truck is totally solid and reliable. Drove out to Colorado and back last February with zero problems.
- All fluids (diffs, transfer case, transmission) have been changed and spark plugs were changed at 40,000 miles
- It reads 82,000 on the odometer but that’s is higher than the actual as putting on the 35s threw off the calibration. It’s closer to 78,000.

Areas that need improvement
- The throwout bearing chirping on the 6 speeds is a common issue in Tacomas. I started to notice it around 46,000 miles and did some researching. I found that Underdog Racing Development
came up with a part that replaced the weak OEM part. I took it to an ASE certified shop and had them replace the bearing. While they had the transmission out they also replaced the pressure
plate with an OEM one. It wasn’t too worn but we figured it was a good thing to do while it was apart. Unfortunately thought it still chirps intermittingly. I’ve done some reading on it recently
and it looks like the shift fork also needs to be replaced. It’s not an expensive part but involves taking apart the transmission.
- It’s been wheeled sparingly but on the trips I’ve been on with tight trails there has been some light scratches from branches. On the rear passenger fender flare there is a pretty deep scratch. This isn’t too
big of a problem in my eyes since most of it would be cut out when they’re trimmed to match the front.
- Under the passenger mirror is another scratch that came from backing up into a branch that also took out the side view mirror. I replaced both of them with 2012+ style mirrors
- The 4.88s and 35s make for lousy gas mileage. It will do 80 MPH easily but you’re cruising around 3,100 RPMs. I forget the exact figure but it gets somewhere in the range of 12-14 MPH.
- The OME shocks and coilovers leave a lot to be desired. It has virtually no rebound dampening so when you go over a bump too quickly there’s a loud thud/knock which is the coilover topping
out in its travel.
- Volume adjustment knob on the radio is wonky but steering wheel volume control does work. There’s something up with the Aux input since when you go over the a bump it will switch to CD
input. The factory head unit obviously sucks so it needs to be replaced.
- The rear back up camera needs to be relocated, Pelfreybilt sells a relocate kit.
- Front tires rub the UCA at full lock. I would switch out the wheels for some with 3.5 backspacing or just throw on some .75 bora wheel spacers.

I'll post pictures over the weekend of the interior but here are some of the exterior

Attachments

• IMG_1931.jpg
    IMG_1931.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1927.jpg
    IMG_1927.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1954.jpg
    IMG_1954.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1958.jpg
    IMG_1958.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

DougVDH

Parts

If you decide to part anything out I am very interested in some of what you have. I am also in Va and can pick up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles