Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARB Linx

Itís probably pretty deceiving as all the hardware modules are separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hate messing with my phone while driving. That's why dedicated switches are so nice. You don't have to take your eyes off the road.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsmanJake View Post
    I hate messing with my phone while driving. That's why dedicated switches are so nice. You don't have to take your eyes off the road.
    then this isnt for you lol
    but this is kinda neat that it will do more then just control lights. but yea, after you add up all the modules, its going to be $$$$

Although its an interesting idea, they're gonna have to make it as bombproof as they can. I believe bombproof for this gizmo will be lacking when compared to dedicated switches.

Think about it. If a cell phone can start acting weird after a year and cut you off from comunications, what can happen to the device controlling all your vehicle's auxiliary systems.

Sure, its not going to leave you stranded, but it'll leave you without lockers when you may need them most or without your compressor for airing up, or without aux lights when you need them..

If an overlander's mantra is to keep things simple, sometimes taking it as far as using old vehicles because they have less things to fail, why would you install one of these things?

Its going to take a while for ARB to make this work, and even then, I doubt it'll become mainstream or even somewhat popular in the near future.

I'm weighing the linx to the Ride Controller (available from ridecontroller dot com) - So far I am leaning to the RC as I just need to de-switch my life.

Quote Originally Posted by cruiseroutfit View Post
    $699

I spent some time with the engineer at SEMA, while the unit itself is similar to an sPod, etc... The current and future modules are where it gets neat.
    Please do tell...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12