US Introduction

Greetings!

I wanted to take a moment to introduce ourselves to the Expo community.

We are Black Series Campers based in southern California, the US side of Black Series Campers and Caravans based in Australia. We have recently expanded into the US!

We have been in Australia for over 10 years (Formerly GIC Trailers) and am the second largest trailer retailer in that country with 5 dealers and a manufacturing plant.

We have finished all our US licensing (NHTSA and DOT/FMVSS) and can now officially offer our trailers to the US market.

We cannot do direct retail sales at this time due to being a vehicle manufacturer and not a vehicle dealer, so all sales will be through our licensed dealers.

Over the next few months we will be setting up our dealer network (and signing up to be a vendor here at Expo) and getting inventory built up.

Our website should be live this coming week, but you can find us on Instagram as blackseriescamper and on Facebook (/blackseriescamper)

We will also be signing up to attend Overland Expo both east and west in 2018 so make sure you stop by and say hi!

Feel free to let me know if you have questions or would like details, once again I can not provide pricing at this time. :(

Mods: Not trying to sell anything just saying hello? (signing up as vendor asap!)

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Lemon Caravans in Australia

There is an Australian Facebook Group called "Lemon Caravans & RV's in Australia". It was set up to advise the public about shoddy workmanship and support in the Australian Caravan industry and to lobby for legislation to protect consumers. There are no Lemon Laws in Australia. The group publishes a "Buyers Beware List". Here is their item for GIC/Black Series:

"GIC/Black Series Campers and Caravans (high level buyer beware alert)"

Obviously, Caveat Emptor!

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe we are on there as we have passed every certification required there in Australia and here in the US (NHTSA / DOT-FVMSS / RVIA) that was available to us.

I have found in my time researching RVs and camper trailers that there is an internet complaint FB page or website set up for all the big names in the industry so I would recommend doing your own research.

As far as covering the consumer, we have a comprehensive warranty (one of the best in the trailer business) set like this: 5 years structural, 2 years everything else but wear items, and 12 months on wear items.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
The number of complaints in the Facebook group is several hundred, with many around the fact that the campers and caravans are Chinese made kits that are assembled in OZ.

So most of the complaints are kit's point of origin? I don't see how that makes them a lemon? I know the community down there is not big on off shore manufacturing but I didn't think it was that bad since we sold almost 500 trailers last year nationwide.

To speak to that point almost every component used in a majority of trailers and RV's are Chinese made (aka Dometic), as long as it's a good product and holds up to use that's what really matters.

I did see something about that group also, that the claims and issues are not verified by the admin (who was or is currently being sued in Australian courts) so I would take anything from there with a grain of salt.

That being said I would invite anyone to inspect our units thoroughly here at our facility in CA or our dealers to see our quality for yourself.

coler2002

Will you have a distributor on the East coast? The prices on your website are for Australia correct? How does that compare to US pricing?

These look really promising.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Outside somewhere- Sorry to hear about your trailer and the recall. We will be stocking all components for our trailers here at our HQ in CA and will require dealers to stock a certain level of service parts and maintenance parts at each location also.

Coler2002- We are currently signing up dealers and hope to have one or two in every region of the US. The pricing here in the US is a little different due to shipping and taxes but ended up being a little better than we hoped for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne