Kamparoo - close up camper with the doors zipped or unzipped?

alia176

Explorer
What are y'all doing when you're closing up the camper? Just curious if this makes it easier to close the camper. Also, do you adjust the last bow before closing? Mine is a '02 Transcontinental Weekender.

Thanks.

Xrunner

Explorer
Here's what I would do for the Kamparoo Cub I had:
Sip the doors all except for about 12" at the bottom to let some extra air out.
Screens would either be zipped or rolled but never loose.
For the bow's I would drop both side ones down 2-3 inches but leave the center one set.

I learned the hard way that if there is too much pressure required to pull the top down after it's folded over you will probably rip something that's caught inside.

Hope this helps... if not feel free to reach out and I'll be happy to provide more details.

Sokel

Kamparoo closing method

I have a 2014 Transcontinental. I was advised by the original owner to make sure to unzip both doors before collapsing the tent. We also leave the center poles set, but collapse the end poles before folding up.

We haven't tried folding up the tent with any of the windows rolled up.

Hope this helps.

It would probably be best to list your question in the trailer section of the forum, not the for sale section.

alia176

Explorer
This is good info gents, thank you. I typically roll up all four doors and now beginning to collapse the end poles before closing.

OH+D

I place everything in the stowed/collapsed/zipped position except for leaving the door zippers and the clear vinyl window zippers partially open to allow air to escape. As for the center hoop, I have found the tent to set up much more cleanly if you extend the two outer hoops first, and then the center hoop last to "pitch" the roof tight.

alia176

Explorer
I place everything in the stowed/collapsed/zipped position except for leaving the door zippers and the clear vinyl window zippers partially open to allow air to escape. As for the center hoop, I have found the tent to set up much more cleanly if you extend the two outer hoops first, and then the center hoop last to "pitch" the roof tight.

Hmm, this is good info as I was wondering how to take the slack out of the material. Just realized, I posted this thread in the wrong place!

Last edited:

chiplee

Cool setup. I have a 2004 Weekender Transcontinental that I tow with a 2004 V8 4Runner. I've been leaving everything wide open when I fold up and just tucking doors and other canvas in as it closes. I'll have to try some of the tips in this thread.

alia176

Explorer
Cool setup. I have a 2004 Weekender Transcontinental that I tow with a 2004 V8 4Runner. I've been leaving everything wide open when I fold up and just tucking doors and other canvas in as it closes. I'll have to try some of the tips in this thread.
I've got the same tow rig and it's a pleasure to tow the Roo with.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94