Any experience with this battery ?

TwinStick

Explorer
Good, bad or otherwise ?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/boat...-x-pure-lead-agm-battery/1435369.uts?slotId=6

I just ordered one tonight, in GP 31 flavor. It will be used to power 82 qt or the 50 qt ARB fridge. It may be made by Odyssey, IDK ? Got it on sale, had a coupon & other discount as well. Free shipping (74 lbs) to my door but had to pay the $14 sir charge for the weight. Hope it works out well. I have a 2008 Sears Die Hard Platinum M2/Gp 31 Marine batt, that is still rocking great as a 2nd battey in the Power Wagon. Looks very similar. If it does work out well, I may get a 2nd one in the future, so each fridge can have it's own batt.

john61ct

Adventurer
If it is made by Northstar, they're a top tier maker, along with Lifeline and Odyssey.

4-year guarantee sounds good if Cabela is everywhere.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Looks like a Northstar, and the 220 min reserve capacity is consistent with Northstar G31. The Odyssey G31 has 205 mins RC. If it's Northstar, you'll be fine. I have a Northstar 31 is one truck and an Odyssey 31 in another truck. I much prefer the Northstar for its lack of drama. The Odyssey is too finicky about charging and conditioning.

comptiger5000

Adventurer
The X2 Power re-branded Northstars are good units too (Batteries Plus sells them). Easier and cheaper to get locally than an Odyssey.

Joe917

Explorer
Curious,

Why is it touted & sold as a deep cycle battery, if it is not a deep cycle battery ? Even the X2 version is touted & sold as a deep cycle.

Marketing BS. It is a thin plate battery, touted as "dual purpose". Like most things dual purpose it will not be as good as a true thick plate deep cycle battery.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Have two of the northstar 103ah agm 31's in my trailer and their agm group 48 in both jeeps. 4 year full replacement warranty, no issues with the trailer batts running 4 sets of NL led strips, NL 90L set super low this summer when it was in the 90's out along with charging devices, running fans at night, covfefe machine etc. Ran an arb 50 qt a few times too with juice to spare. Paid $330 ea for the group 31's. Lifeline wanted 418 for 125ah with 1 yr warranty, 3 pro-rated. UPG wanted 360 for 135ah and 1 yr warranty with no additional pro-rated warranty.

TwinStick

Explorer
It came to me in a box beat to heck, all taped up. Battery was in perfect shape though. It came showing 12.76 volts. Put it on the Odyssey Maximizer Triple Bank charger & it is up to 13.5/6 volts. Took it off that today & hooked it up to the Cabela's 20 amp twin bank charger. It went through the testing mode & then went into the maintain mode. I will check it tomorrow. Going to Fla. from W-NY State, in a month or so & will prob take the ARB 50 with us & that battery. Will report back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles