Expedition Vehicles: ridiculously overpriced or not

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I'm not sure what you guys are expecting. Diesel Class A motorhomes start at $200k. Class B diesel Sprinters are $125k. The prices of these rigs are not out of the range of reason.

As stated above, there are just not that many on the used market in North America and that is a big part of the reason that they hold their value. Scarcity drives price.

YF_Ryan

The Standard Adventure Truck starts at $198,000.

Do you have pictures of interior and exterior of a Standard $198,000 Adventure Truck? Showing images of what the vehicle is like WITHOUT the $50k Adventure Package and other upgrade options would be helpful. Also curious about the pricing on the $270K Show Truck in stock. If that is a slightly used model, what would that have been brand new?

This truly is my favorite vehicle I've seen so far. Hope to one day see one in person. Not sure if you guys ever made it out to the NW Overland Rally, it's been the only place I've had a chance to see rigs like this. Obviously not in the market for something like this right now, only been in the AT Habitat like 7 months so far (loving it of course). In the future though, this would definitely be on my short list.

rruff

Explorer
What step is that? I like the looks of it...;)

drockafellow2018-10-31-20658ret1_orig.jpg

krick3tt

Adventurer
Since nobody lives on the outside, what does the inside look like? to me that is the real test, spending time in there when it snows or rains or the wind is crazy blowing. It is like having a great lawn for the neighbors to look at while you live in the house.

AdventureTrucks

Do you have pictures of interior and exterior of a Standard $198,000 Adventure Truck? Showing images of what the vehicle is like WITHOUT the $50k Adventure Package and other upgrade options would be helpful. Also curious about the pricing on the $270K Show Truck in stock. If that is a slightly used model, what would that have been brand new?

This truly is my favorite vehicle I've seen so far. Hope to one day see one in person. Not sure if you guys ever made it out to the NW Overland Rally, it's been the only place I've had a chance to see rigs like this. Obviously not in the market for something like this right now, only been in the AT Habitat like 7 months so far (loving it of course). In the future though, this would definitely be on my short list.

Ryan, I do not currently have pictures of the Standard Adventure Truck, but you can view the interior pictures at this link. https://www.adventuretrucks.com/interior-gallery.html

The Show Truck with 2,300 miles has about a $13,000 discount. Additional pictures and specifications at this link. https://www.globalxvehicles.com/globalxvehicles-for-sale.html

Currently, we attend Overland Expo East & West

Thanks,

Adventure Trucks

YF_Ryan

Ryan, I do not currently have pictures of the Standard Adventure Truck, but you can view the interior pictures at this link. https://www.adventuretrucks.com/interior-gallery.html

The Show Truck with 2,300 miles has about a $13,000 discount. Additional pictures and specifications at this link. https://www.globalxvehicles.com/globalxvehicles-for-sale.html

Currently, we attend Overland Expo East & West

Thanks,

Adventure Trucks

Believe me, I've drooled over every picture you have on your site.

Guess I'm just still curious about the additional details not listed. For example the photos below from your site, obviously these two wet baths are at different levels. First one with what appears to be a rubber floor mat, cabinet with visible hinges, the shower mixer behind the small door, vs the beautiful wood floor, multi door cabinet with hidden hinges, and the much nicer mixer and shower hose. Is one the standard and one comes with the Adventure Package, or is the nicer one another separate upgraded wet-bath package?

img-1118_1.jpg
img-7614_1.jpg

I know I'm not in a position today to be ordering one of these, and I don't mean to waste anyone's time, but I'm sure other people would appreciate additional details as well. There just isn't a lot of info online about this truck yet. And saying a vehicle starts at $198,000 is great, but if no one would buy a base model because for the reasonable $50k more for an obviously nicer, and likely well worth it, package what's the point?

Thanks for your time, and hopefully I'll be reading more about this rig soon. As it is just my wife and I, a vehicle like this would be perfect down the road.

The Artisan

Adventurer
There is a market for someone to build a capable ************ looking camper for around 150k.
Wait till this spring you will surprised how nice this rig will be for under 100k with a fully custom 18 foot removable frp composite pod?
Kevin

YF_Ryan

Wait till this spring you will surprised how nice this rig will be for under 100k with a fully custom 18 foot removable frp composite pod?
Kevin

How many hours of labor do you think you'll put into it though? Your time is obviously worth a lot. I'm sure it'll be awesome, but not all of us have those types of skills :( That leaves us to purchase the professionally built rigs for double, triple, quadruple as much. I'm not complaining, just leaning more towards the mindset that these vehicles ARE NOT "ridiculously overpriced".

The Artisan

Adventurer
How many hours of labor do you think you'll put into it though? Your time is obviously worth a lot. I'm sure it'll be awesome, but not all of us have those types of skills :( That leaves us to purchase the professionally built rigs for double, triple, quadruple as much. I'm not complaining, just leaning more towards the mindset that these vehicles ARE NOT "ridiculously overpriced".
Customer is sending his vehicle to me I am just building the completed pod.
Kevin
You can see my protype here. They will be in the 25 to 30k range. Also looking at converting fuso FEs to 4x4s so add another 15k with a used 06 or older fuso
https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/fuso-composite-camper-under-construction.163571/
Kevin

Last edited:

Grenadiers

Adventurer
I agree. Our own experience bears this out. After getting the 29” cabin expansion done, by professionals, we remodeled the entire interior added more batteries and electrical outlets, etc. Took three months! We vowed we’d never do it again! And we’re retired! Search Saurer 6dm on this forum if anyone is interested in the process.

Darwin

Explorer
And saying a vehicle starts at $198,000 is great, but if no one would buy a base model because for the reasonable $50k more for an obviously nicer, and likely well worth it, package what's the point?
Not trying to be gruff but if someone can spend 200k on a luxary item, I don't think 50K is going to stop them from ordering the truck with the fancy tires and hutchinson wheels. I would bet that 99% of adventure trucks sold will have that package. Same with earth roamer, none in the last 3 years are built with the 22.5 wheels, most spend the extra 20K to have the Continental MPTs.

YF_Ryan

Not trying to be gruff but if someone can spend 200k on a luxary item, I don't think 50K is going to stop them from ordering the truck with the fancy tires and hutchinson wheels. I would bet that 99% of adventure trucks sold will have that package. Same with earth roamer, none in the last 3 years are built with the 22.5 wheels, most spend the extra 20K to have the Continental MPTs.

Not gruff at all! I just don't see the point in advertising it at under 200k if 99% of them will be >250k. However, I do see an additional 50K being a tough pill to swallow if that luxury item is just at the cusp of reality. Maybe it's something you truly want to work towards, a major goal you'd like to reach for by retirement perhaps? I'm not a rich lawyer, Dr., etc, but I can still see something like this in my future if saved for. That extra 50K might just mean another couple years of work before said retirement. I know plenty of people in my peer group with 600K homes. Mine was half that, but still nice and fitting for my wife and I. I'll just try and keep living below my means and planning for the future. Not just to be a miser, but to live the dream!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne